7

i woke up and stretched out on my bed, feeling around the cold covers. empty. figures. i hadn't talked to or let alone seen mitchel since our picnic last wednesday. that was six days ago. deep down i knew he was busy with things, probably music, but i still worried that i had ruined something with him. what i had ruined, i don't know. quite frankly, i didn't know where i stood with him.

i sat up in my bed and stretched my arms upwards and yawned. it was only 7:45 and my professor had cancelled classes for today. life seemed okay for once. i stood up and grabbed the small fluffy blanket from off of my bed and wrapped it around myself. silk shorts and a bralette definitely are not a good combination when it comes to staying warm. i descending down my hallway and into my kitchen with the blanket wrapped tightly around me. i perused around the kitchen for something to eat before realizing that i wasn't interested. i walked over to my sofa and sat down, grabbing my phone off the side table and unlocking it. there were five messages:

mitchel👹
i'm drunk and i got locked out again please let me in lol

mitchel👹
please angelineeee i'm colddddddd

mitchel👹
plz halp

mitchel👹
answer me m8

mitchel👹
i'm gonna sleep at ur door if i die it's ur fault

i sighed to myself and walked over to the door. i carefully unlocked and opened my door. like he had said, or rather texted, he was laying in front of my door, completely asleep. i slowly kneeled down and gently grabbed his chin. i shook his head a tiny bit to wake him up while whispering his name, careful not to wake the neighbors. his eyes slowly opened and looked at me.

"where the fuck am i?" he said way too loud as he quickly sat up and looked around. i quickly clamped my hand over his mouth and shushed him.

i whispered "get inside" and grabbed his hand to help pull him off the ground. i quickly pulled him in my apartment and locked the door behind him. he still seemed dazed.

"what the fuck mitchel? you can't just sleep outside of my door, why do you keep on getting locked out?" he shrugged before sitting down on my sofa. he rested his elbows on his knees and his chin in his palms. i stood by the door as he looked at me through the braids covering his face. he looked like a mess. i walked over to him and sat next to him on the sofa. his hand came down and rested on my thigh.

"mitchel, you can't keep on doing this. it's not good." i said softly.

he huffed and replied, "you think i don't know that already, angeline?" i hadn't expected him to be so harsh with me, especially since i had just let him into my apartment. i was simply trying to look out after him; he obviously couldn't do that himself.

"if you're gonna act like a dick, you know where the door is."

no response.

i felt bad for snapping at him but he was testing my patience. it was hard enough looking out for myself; i didn't need this bullshit. i stood up and walked over to the island in my small kitchen. i sat down at one of the stools as i grabbed an apple from the small basket that sat on the top of my island and bit into it. i must have sat there for around five minutes, just slowly eating my apple, before i got any sort of response from mitchel. i felt him come behind me and wrap his arms around me.

he sat his chin on top of my head before mumbling, "i'm sorry angeline, please don't be mad at me." i sighed before turning around on the stool to face him. he cupped my face with his hands and directed my head upwards so i could look him in the eyes.

those killer blue eyes. it was as if his eyes showed how guilty he felt about lashing out at me. i had to forgive him.

"just please try to take care of yourself..." i pleaded, looking him dead in the eyes. i felt him slowly lean in closer towards me. i could sense what was coming and i felt my heart rate speed up. just before his lips met mine, there was a loud knock at my door.

"fuck" he groaned as he lifted his head away from mine.

"i'll get it." i mumbled as a stood up from the stool and jogged over to the door, quickly opening it up. outside stood the blonde boy from the club; i think i remembered his name was Christian.

"hey, is everything ok?" i asked confused. what was he doing here and how did he know i lived here?

"hi, um, is mitchel there?"

i turned around and saw mitchel's head suddenly perk up from looking at his phone. he quickly slipped it into his back pocket and walked over to the door. i stepped out of the way so he could talk to christian.

"mitchel, you're fucking late. studio at 8:30, remember?"

mitchel checked his phone again and muttered "shit" before turning to me.

"sorry angeline... can i see you tonight?" he asked me. i didn't have any other plans. i answered "sure" and smiled at him. he leaned over and kissed my forehead while christian looked at us with a confused look on his face. i giggled and said my final "good luck" to the two boys before shutting the door and leaning my back against it.

and just like that, i was alone again.

apartment 23 // mitchel caveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara