Chapter 28

Greys POV

Fuck! Molly has the worst timing. It was one night and it wasnt anywhere near as 'romantic' as she says. I asked her if she was busy that night. She said no. I dont just turn up to a girls to fuck them. Only my shortcake, and it was an agreement between us both.

I needed to get laid. My pride was hurt after Paris and shortcake was the only girl i had slept with since the first night. I needed to get my frustrations out somehow. i was imagening Avery.

When she walked in on us, its like the imagination broke. I couldnt let Avery see me go soft, literally. So i threw her out. When she was gone i felt incredibly guilty to molly, so i used my hands to bring her to a release, then proceeded to chuck her out trying to be the smallest arsehole i can be.

Girls know what i do so it cant be a surprise. But molly didnt get the picture even with all texts i ignored. I managed to avoid her at school. Until today. Just my fucking luck that as i go to explain the truth, molly shows up.

I saw my shortcake visibly deflate.

Ever since the incident with Liam its like my intentions were different with her. I cared. I wanted to spend my time with her, not just for sex.

Its a new concept to me. Who would have thought the girl that stuttered all those years ago would be the girl that made me want her, in more than one capacity.

Not being able to explain myself was frustrating, now i know how she felt when she came into my room the next morning to try and explain but i shot her down.

I was just so angry and my ego was bruised. This incredible strong girl that i had started to develop feelings for ditches me ontop of the most romantic monument, in the most romantic city. It felt like rejection. I didnt want to hear her literally reject me aswell. And then going on to say "she said no feelings" it felt like a stab in the heart. Like she knew all along i liked her.

Who knew that she meant herself.

If only she brought up her concerns then. We could have spoke about it then. Can you imagine the story of how we officially got together on the top of the Eiffle tower. Instead misunderstandings ruined it.

I went through the rest of the day aggravated. When Avery left, i told molly straight up i didnt like her and that Avery was just being polite but im hers. Shes mine. Shes my shortcake. To say she was pissed was an understatement. She vowed that i would regret it, but whats the worst that she will do.

When i got home i saw Bex who looked happier than she had in a while.

"Whats got you so happy?"

"I made up with Abbie"

"Thats great, so they forgave you?"

"Abbie did, after she bitch slapped me and Tyler, but i cant say we dont deserve it"

I nodded in agreement.

"What about the others?"

"Dylans on the sidelines, he will be until its all properly sorted. Hes always been like that. Avery on the otherhand is a sore subject"

"But its Abbies issue?" I asked confused.

"But its not. I put her in the middle of it all. She say it was deciept. She said if it was only once then she would have forgiven me but i was aware and chose the rest of the times. And to make matter worse  i wasnt there for her through the Liam thing, even though it was apparently obvious she wanted me" Bex told me rolling her eyes, showing she doesnt agree.

I felt myself visibly flinch in anger when Liam was mentioned. I cant even begin to think about that arsehole. The way she cowered away, how vulnerable she was. The complete emptiness of the spitfire i got to know.

"Even i can tell she wanted you. It wasnt me she wanted that night, when i gave her your tshirt she cried even harder do you realise that? The tshirt was apparently a symbol of your friendship, and the fact the tshirt was more present than her actual bestfriend. No matter how bad of an arguament, you should have been there for her through that ordeal. She was broken Bex. Utterly broken. In the kitchen the next morning when she saw you , her eyes lit up a little. Then the broken look reappeared all over again when you walked out. That was her betrayal. Tyler was Abbies. That night was shortcakes. Abbies moved on from Tyler. Avery will never move on from what happened that night, thats why Abbie forgave you quicker than Avery did." i tell her.

Throughout my explanation i could see the understanding in Bexs eyes.

"I fucked up"

"Just show her youre there for her now, it will take a while and she will continuously push you away, just dont give up. She needs to see you care and youre not leaving this time, wait for her to talk to you, dont try and push her, and dont be upset when she doesnt invite you along to do stuff"

"You like her dont you" Bex concludes.

"I love her" i correct her, looking straight at her so she understands im being truthful. Bex eyes widen not expecting that answer.

"Then you should tell her. You should have seen her this lunchtime. Before i spoke to Abbie, i was watching them and she was crying her eyes out Grey. And when i was sat with them, she had this distant look. With what happened when she confessed, i can tell it was about you"

The thought of a crying Avery, made my heart wrench. Especially as i did see her at lunch and thats the reason she was crying.

"She wont listen to me"

"Make her." Bex shrugged like it was the simplest thing in the world.

"What happened. When you found out you were livid. You were cussing her out?"

" i thought she was sleeping with you for revenge. I thought she was being a dick ignoring me for sleeping with Tyler when she slept with you, its still against girl code. Then i thought it would just be karma to call her what she called me. I thought only she liked you, so when i heard you confess.. you deserve to be happy Grey, and so does Avery. What kind of bestfriend or sister would i be, if i got in the way?... now go get your girl"

I didnt need telling twice so i ran upstairs to get ready. I have no clue what im gonna do, but first step, i need to look irresistible. Cant be getting the girl, looking like i just got out of school.

Second step. Make her accessible. So i text Nick to get Abbie to take Avery somewhere i can intervene but somewhere she cant easily escape. Then i explain everything to her, after that, the ball is in her court.