Chapter 4

Kaya scodelario as Bex

It seems my nervousness for today was not in vain as  walking down the hallways to leave english block on the way to lunch i was suddenly yanked back into an emply classrom and shoved back against the closed door.

The lights automatically lighting up the dark room once we entered shone bright upon the hair of the boy stood not inches infront of me

"What do you want Greyson" i huffed in annoyance

"Oh cupcake that act wont work with me anymore. Especially after friday. I may not remember much but i do remember you leaving my bed saturday morning" he whispered huskily with a smirk close enough i could feel his breath on my lips making my heart beat faster and my breath hitch in anticipation.

What am i doing. This is Greyson.

Snapping my thoughts back to reality i hastily snap a reply.

"Its not an act Greyson, whatever happened friday was because i was beyond intoxicated and it wont happen again" i turn around and open the door to leave.

"We will see about that cupcake" he whispered in my ear before brushing past me and leaving the empty classroom.

So much for me having the dramatic exit.

Shaking my head i walked out joining my friends on the feild as usual.

"Where were you?" Bex asked me before i even had a chance to sit down

"Just had to run toilet" i smoothly replied to my suspicious bestfriend.

Ive lied to her so much since friday and they all have to do with that twin brother of hers. Ugh.

As if naturally i turned to look in the direction of the football players and immediatly spot Greyson who currently has possesion of the ball. He stops in place, putting his right foot on the ball holding it in place. He turns to me as if sensing my stare, winks and mouths "for you" before pulling back and striking the ball before it smashes onto the back of the net.

I glance around to see if anyone else noticed his slight declaraation. If anyone did they didnt act like it. I glance down into my lap and blush with a slight smile on my lips.

What am i doing. This is Greyson.

Wiping my face of all emotion i look back up and join the conversation with my group of friends.

"Whats wrong with you, youre quiet and youre not being yourself" Dylan comments.

"Oh nothing, just spacey today i guess" i shrug nonchalantly

"Were your friends Ave, we know when somethig wrong with you" Bex comments.

"Nothings wrong with me i promise" i smile at Bex making sure to make eye contact.

I really need to learn to act normal otherwise they will find out. Even though i cant remember anything from my night with Greyson, its like my body memorises his touch. Feeling tingles in my neck, on my chest, all the way down to my panties. And theres a part of me that wishes i remember. A part of me that wishes i knew how it was.

"Thinking of me cupcake?" A voice says behind me snapping me out of my thoughts.

Yes

"No" i lie but being betrayed by the slight blush creeping my neck. I shuffle trying to hide it but as Greyson comes into view he has a smirk on his face watching me, letting me know he saw. I make eye contact with him into his piercing green eyes and neither of us can seem to look away.

"Go away Greyson and leave my friends alone" Bex comments. Saving me.

I look away from Greyson immediately but making eye contact with Dylan instead. He narrows his eyes in suspicion and flicks his gaze between me and Greyson.

Oh damn.

He cant know.

Noone can know.

"Dont worry sis, i got what i wanted" he says sending a wink my way before leaving.

Throughout all my daydreaming i didnt notice Abbie and Tyler acting distant with one another. I wonder whats going on?

"You okay Abbie?" I ask her softly.

"Huh? Yeah im fine" she replies. Like shes snapping our of her own daydream

"You sure?" I pry

"Ofcourse" she squeaks with tears threatening to fall.

"How about you stay at mine tonight and we have a movie marathon" i ask changing the subject. Hopefully doing something to cheer her up slightly.

"Sure" she replies with a smile blinking back the tears in an instant and hiding her emotions with a mask of bubbliness.

I wonder if shes done this before?

Before i could think anymore, the bell goes signallig the end of lunch.

***

After school i make my way home with Abbie in tow. We walk in a comfortable silence as i notice her spacing out. I can tell she has a million things running through her mind so i just leave her to her thoughts

"Im home" i scream as i step through my front door 

" hi girls" my mum greets us as she emerges from the kitchen "dinners at 5:30" she says disappearing again

Without replying i walk upstairs to my room abbie shutting the door behind her. After putting my bag on the floor and taking my shoes off i turn to face abbie who looks at me with nervousness.

"Abbie" i whisper into the quiet room

"Say it" she mumbles, turning her gaze to the floor.

"Are you and Tyler okay?" I ask her with clear hesitation in my voice

She looks back at me making eye contact this time with all her emotions on full display and tears in her eyes. In all of our years of friendship abbie never cried so after seeing how broken she looks I immediately engulf her into a hug.

"I dont know Ave, hes been distant for a while and when we do talk we just seem to argue. When i go to kiss him he just pecks me and turns away. At the party i think he was avoiding me.. i..i dont think he l-loves me anymore" she cries into my shoulder with hearbreaking sobs towards the end

I dont say anything. I dont give her false hope, i dont give her sympathy i just rub her back soothingly trying to comfort her. After a while my phone chimes from my back pocket. Without letting Abbie go i reach into my back pocket and take out my phone.

Expecting it to be Dylan or Bex i unlock my phone to read my latest text.

Satan-just wait cupcake ;)

My stomach clenches in nervousness at the thought of what Greyson could possibly have planned. Something tells me its goingg to be something big.

I quickly put my phone back in my pocket hiding it from Abbie whos calmed down but still sniffling into my shoulder.

"Hey so how about that movie" i ask Abbie in false happiness trying to clear my head.