Movie Night (Phana)

Start from the beginning

He repeatedly punches at Ming who can only shield himself.

"You're such an asshole! I did this for you." He yells as he hits his friend.

His words must have spurred Ming because faster than imaginable, Yo is on the ground with Ming seated on his hips.

"You did it for me?" He yells slapping Yo in the face.

"What about this was for me?" He screams as he swings again.

This time Yo stops him though. He scowls at Ming and swiftly brings his knee up connecting soundly with Ming's crotch. Ming howls in pain and falls off of Yo.

"You ass!" Kit screams as he runs over to Ming who's clutching his bruised ego.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want to force you to lie, or get mad at you for betraying me because I know you can't lie." He explains.

"I told you all of this before." He yells throwing his arms out to the side.

"Do you think that's good enough?!" Ming asks managing to sit up.

"I was an afterthought Yo. We've been friends almost our entire lives and you didn't think enough to tell me what was going on." He says sadly.

Yo sits beside him and takes his hand. Ming tries to pull away but Yo must have a strong hold because he can't.

"Ai'stupid. How could you think that? I really wanted to tell you every day and if you weren't married to him, I would have." He says pointing to Kit.

"Hey nong. Why is this my fault?" Kit asks.

"Aw P'Kit. How many times has Ming lied to you?" He asks.

"Never. Ming doesn't lie." He answers confidently.

"And how many secrets has he kept from you?" Yo asks with a smirk.

"None. He doesn't keep secrets from me." He says slowly.

"Now imagine that I called up Ming and told him that I was coming back to Thailand. What would he do?"

"He would tell me." Kit answers honestly.

"And if I told him I was coming as a companion in order to be with P'Pha?" He asks.

"He would tell me but ask me not to say anything." He admits.

"And what would you do?" Yo pushes.

"I would tell Beam and Pha." He says shyly.

"Do you understand Ming? Of course I wanted to tell you. You're my best friend but there was no other way this scenario would have played out. But I promise, no more secrets or leaving you out. OK?" He says.

Ming doesn't answer at first. He's probably still trying not to vomit form the incident. Yo stands abruptly with an angry expression on his face.

"Fine. Don't forgive me! Get the hell out of my house!" He demands and walks away.

"Yo." I call as I follow him.

"Stay here." I command as I run after my husband.

I walk to our bedroom and he's sitting on the edge of the bed breathing deeply.

"Doesn't he realize that I wanted to tell him? It was so hard going through this by myself. I longed to tell him, to ask him for his support, but how could I ask him to lie? What kind of friend would I be asking him to go against the value he holds most dear?" He says sniffling.

"Don't worry. He'll forgive you." I say still standing at the door.

"That's just it. He may not. Not only does he not lie, he hates being lied to." He explains