XXX

| CHAPTER - XXX |

LOOK AT ME, IT WON'T HURT

Throughout dinner, Francesco is lively, keeping up an active conversation with Suede's parents. Suede, on the other hand, is more timid, pushing the food in her plater, shoulders sagged.

It's unfamiliar to Francesco. He has never seen her so reserved in a shy manner, bright hair not matching with her sullen eyes. There were several occasions when Francesco forgot what he was saying and stared at Suede, who was oblivious to his staring because of her concentration on her food. She sighed before looking up and catching his gaze. She would grow pale, as if this all wasn't meant to be happening.

It wasn't meant to be happening but it is and there isn't anything they can do about i t.

At the end of the dinner, Suede's parents have fallen in love with the gem that is Francesco. He was able to answer their questions and keep the conversation flowing without any hints of awkwardness. He offered to help with the dishes but they refused, saying they should carry the conversation into the living room over a nice slice of pie.

Suede takes a moment after everyone got up and began to go to the living room. She is staring at her plate, hands tucked under her cotton dress. Francesco looks at her, not moving from his standing position even though her parents have left.

He takes her all in. She looks confused, a little lose. It seems to be so unfamiliar to her that she appears to be constantly looking for a solution. She lets out a long sigh, moving to get up, still not having acknowledged Francesco looking there.

When she does, Francesco falls for her. She shows a different side of her - the one that is more caring. She tucks her hair behind her ear and looks at the ground, quickly moving to join her parents.

Francesco is left to see her figure disappear, wondering if this girl is worth it. This woman seems to pique his interest like nothing and no one has ever before. There is this special connection between them that Francesco wants to preserve.

He just feels guilty for dating his best friend's ex-girlfriend. What would that make him?

Francesco sighs, following them in.

After they have chatted for another two hours, Suede only making minimal contribution, Francesco is saying his goodbyes and heading out of the door.

He doesn't expect Suede to follow him into the elevator, hands crossed over she chest, almost hugging herself. She doesn't look at him, but all Francesco does is look at her.

Suede is so utterly mesmerising, with her personality glittering because she has so much to her. And then he doesn't have much time to think about her beauty because Suede has slammed the button of 'STOP' and turns to him.

Immediately, her hands wraps around his neck and she tugs him forward. His lips fall onto hers with ease, molding perfectly. Her lips taste of champagne, that of the colour of her hair, and she is so soft. Francesco's stomach flips at just how gentle her lips are against his. She pulls  softly, for just a second, to afraid to move further.

Francesco isn't able to think at this point, mind grown fuzzy and heart thumping so loud, he is unable to hear his own thoughts. And so he doesn't think it through when his hands grabs at her waist and pull her close. Suede smiles momentarily and Francesco knows that her smile against his lips is all that he will ever need.

Suede lips stroke his, not rushing anything, remaining in a serenity they slowly build. Her fingers brush lightly against the nape of his neck and Francesco shudders, causing him to pull her even closer, bodies now flushed together. His heart is beating abnormally fast. All of him fills with a light. His fingers clutch at the thin material of her lightly blue dress, holding her. Suede angles her head, kissing him with more passion. Francesco blissfully sighs, lips now moving with ease.