XVII

| CHAPTER - XVII | 

PLAYING PRETEND, NOT ALL THAT BAD 

Francesco gets to enjoy brightness today. His date has managed to drag him into a party full of people he does not really know. And if he is being brutally honest, he does not know Suede either.

She is an acquaintance who has managed to grasp his interest.

Francesco and Suede walk into the venue and some people spot Suede and immediately come to greet her.

Francesco panics, his brain trying to formulate hypothetical conversations they all could possible have.

And amidst all his panicking, in Suede's twisted mind, she thinks its fine if she links her arms with his and pulls him close to her. When Francesco looks at her, she has bright but fake grin on her face. She wraps both her arms around his one and begins to greet her friends.

By the way she is greeting them, Francesco isn't so sure if they are friends.

"Wie geht es dir?" a male friend asks, giving Suede a hug. (How are you?)

"Ziemlich gut, danke," Suede fluently replies. (I'm rather well.)

Francesco would be lying if he is to say that he is not mesmerised.

"Und dir?" Suede asks, giving a cheek kiss to her other friends. (And you?)

"Nicht schlect," the man replies. (Not bad.)

"Sind Sie ihr Freund?" one of the woman ask once all of them notice Francesco standing there. (Are you her friend?)

He can't run in any way. Suede has him in a hold.

Francesco grows confused, not understanding a word they have said.

Before he can say anything, Suede was a hand, interrupting with a stammering voice. "Nein, er ist mein Freund." (No, he's my boyfriend.)

Her friends grow confused. "Fester Freund?" (Boyfriend?)

Suede nods her head rapidly, "Ja." (Yeah.)

Francesco looks back and forth and then with a nervous laugh, he agrees, "Whatever she said."

Her friends chuckle, nodding as if in approval of Francesco . . Except, he has no idea what the approval is for.

"Uhm, Er nicht Deutsch sprechen," Suede explains. (Uhm, he does't speak German.) 

"Want to put me out of misery some time soon?" Francesco whispers, only meaning for Suede to hear them but it does not work so.

They laugh again and the man talking earlier holds a hand out for Francesco to shake. Francesco kindly shakes it back, understanding that his grip needs to be a little firm. 

"Nice to meet you. ." one of the women trail off, shaking his hand. 

"Francesco," Francesco answers, nodding his head at her. 

The woman smiles, nodding. The brunette next to her comments, "Usually, Suede has a thing for men a little older than her. . two years or so. ." 

Francesco looks at her. Thing? He quickly remembers her saying that she needs him to be his date. It seems as though Suede has taken their relationship further in their lies. 

Francesco puts a hand over his heart, "Actually, I'm twenty." 

"Holy shit, Suede!" her friend exclaims. "He's younger! Suede. . are you okay?"