XXIX

| CHAPTER - XXIX |

HOLD ME, I'M HOLDING ONTO YOU

At eight o'clock, Francesco is pressing the doorbell of Suede's parents apartment. He is dressed in pants and a white shirt, hair perfected and stature perfected. He needs this to be perfect.

Suede opens the door. Francesco looses his breath. She is wearing a light blue, strapped dress, made of cotton but looking so elegant on her. Her hair is straight, tucked behind her ears and a smile adorns her.

"Hi," Suede says, biting onto her lower lip.

"Hey," Francesco says, a bit more confidently.

He recalls a conversation he shared with Eugene an hour ago.

"Come in, come in," Suede motions. She's almost trying to redeem herself for all that has happened between them. Francesco doesn't like that she feels so uncertain.

"Is that Francesco?" they hear Suede's mother call. Mrs Eisenberg-Schneider appears from the living room, dressed smart. She grins when she sees the young couple at the doorway and immediately makes her way over to him.

Instantly, Francesco holds out the bouquet of flowers, that symbolise 'thank you', out to her. "Oh, sweetheart, these are absolutely beautiful," Suede's mother notes, tkaing them and kissing the boy's cheek. Francesco grins, only ever sure of which flowers he gave. "Okay, I'm going to help my husband with the food so Suede quickly bring him in and get him eating!" With that, she disappears.

Suede takes a deep breath, turning to Francesco. "Uhm, it's nice that you came," Suede stutters. She is trying to say thank you but is finding it difficult to do so.

Francesco grins, stepping out and leanng down to grab the bouquet of flowers he set outside the door.

He holds moves closer to her, handing her a bouquet of snowdrops. He holds out a bouquet of hope. Suede gasps, instantly understanding. He's standing close, almost towering her. She looks at him, silver eyes and all. Francesco's stomach churns.

Suede takes a few moments. "Thank you."

Francesco cracks a smile, his heart never feeling more happy.

-

At eight o'clock, Xavier is welcoming his boyfriend into his parents home for the second time.

He kindly asked all of his siblings to leave them alone for just a while, just until he introduces Ely to his parents.

"Hey," Xavier says, giving boyfriend a quick kiss. When he pulls away, Ely looks a bit astonished, not having expected this in the slightest.

"I'm nervous," Ely voices, stepping into the living room. He wipes his hands against his office clothes, looking around to find something to settle on.

Xavier looks at his boyfriend. Ely needed this so much. Ely needs this to fall into their relationship of three years, fully. Three years Xavier hurt his boyfriend and Ely still stayed with him.

"Hey, it's going to be okay," Xavier whispers, holding onto his hand. His heart is thumping. He is scared. He is scared to see what their parents will think.

Ely looks at him. He looks convinced – this is how much Xavier matters to him. "Okay." All he needed was Xavier.

"Sweetie, when is your 'someon'e coming over?" the couple hears Xavier's mother ask, as her and her husband step into the living room.

When they see Ely, Xavier's heart stops. This is happening - you're going to make it happen, you fool.

"Hello," Xavier's parents greet, coming closer to them.