XV

| CHAPTER - XV | 

THE PAST WILL ALWAYS BE THE PAST 

Jésus is not sure for how long he has been laying there, clutching his body, crying, rocking back and forth. 

He almost screams when he hears, "Jésus?" 

He jolts, getting onto his feet and turning to face whoever it is that is bothering him in the dark. "Jésus?" Jésus takes time to concentrate, trying to register every single of the woman's face. 

She has her hands tucked in her long coat. . Unsurprisingly, she is dressed in boot-cut pants and a floral shirt. "Is that really you?" Her voice is bubbly, as it always has been 

Jésus falls apart, not able to comprehend that the every thing that happens reminds him of him. Jésus stands there, taking in the woman before him. 

He wasn't the only one stripped of happiness – he shouldn't be so selfish about grief. 

With a grin, Eloa De la Cruz comes to him. Being around her puts anyone at ease . . she was always able to do that. "You're here," Eloa smiles, embracing him. 

Jésus hugs her close to him, burying his head in her shoulder, knowing how much she meant – means. He holds her tightly, trying to find a middle ground in their grief. She hugs him close, too, burying her nose in her shoulder and she offers comfort by rubbing his back. "You're here," she repeats. This time her voice is more pained, a ground of hurt upholding it. 

With a heavy voice, Jésus croaks out, "I'm not the only who lost someone." 

Eloa pulls away, cradling his face in her hands. She tries to smile. She stokes his cheek. 

"My mum call you?" Jésus whispers. 

Eloa shakes her head, letting go of him. She walks past Jésus, holding up a bouquet of flowers – they were heliotropes. Jésus smiles, knowing what they mean. 

Jésus sits on the ground next to her, listening to the calm humming of the night. 

Eloa explains, "I come every day and once every week I place fifty heliotropes on his grave." 

Jésus knows that heliotropes symbolise eternal love and fifty represents a love that has never been and never will be regretted. 

With a deep breath, Jésus reads the name that brings them happiness: 

Forever and always, 

The greatest light to whomever, 

Isaac A. C. Rodrigues 

With a cherishing tone, Eloa presses her hand to the ground, whispering, "Isaac Afonso Federico Rodrigues. . Mi luz. . Eternamente y para siempre." (My light. . Forever and always." 

Jésus smiles a loving smile. 

Isaac Afonso Federico Rodrigues was truly a light to them all.  

Isaac Afonso Federico Rodrigues was Eloa's boyfriend. 

Isaac Afonso Federico Rodrigues was a Rodrigues siblings. 

Isaac was Jésus twin brother. 

That all changed. It all changed way too quickly. 

Jésus looks over at Eloa and sees her smiling at the name on the stone. The air brushes away the curls from her face, gracing the Puerto Rican features Isaac loved.