XXVI

| CHAPTER - XXVI | 

IT'S ALL A TRAGEDY

Francesco doesn't say anything. He is unable to say anything. His mind has traveled far away from reach. He concentrates on how the universe always decides to fuck him over. 

Eugene and Suede don't say anything to each other, with Eugene approaching Francesco. He pats Francesco's back, trying to make everything okay. "Come on, buddy," Eugen softly mutters, knowing that his friend is hurt. 

Francesco looks at Suede, wondering if they will ever be able to see each other. He feels ashamed for even looking at her. He is unable to think of her without the lingering the thought of Eugene flooding his mind. He doesn't say anything. 

When they're making their way out of the door, Suede hasn't said anything and hasn't moved, still in shock. She clears her throat as they begin to near the elevator. And when the doors open, Francesco hears her honey voice bid, "Bye, Francesco." 

Francesco looks over his shoulder. This very well may be the last time he sees her. And so he takes a good look at her. Maybe his last time meeting her will always end with her, standing beside her door, in the hallway. Maybe his last time meeting her will always end with her face looking lost, so defeated. 

Francesco pulls a smile, hoping she knows that he appreciated the time with her. 

The next day, it's a Tuesday afternoon, after school. Romeo is in his black Jeep, looking at the paper list his mother has handed him over to do the groceries. It's quite a lot and that means Romeo needs to go around asking people where all of this is, because he has terrible eyesight and usually is unable to locate everything.

He doesn't really like grocery shopping when it's two hours after coming back from school. It's because then he has changed into to his comfortable clothes and hates going out in those. But he's always to lazy to change. Nevertheless, he still managed to pull on some black jeans. His hair is still a mess of waves and sporting a thin shirt inside and has pulled on a light denim jacket. 

He's listening to a song on the radio, but his phone begins to ring. He presses the call button on his steering wheel, effectively answering it and he hears a little crackling from the other side. 

"Hey Romeo," he hears Cordelia's groggy voice greet. She sounds annoyed and tired. (Romeo will not blame her, they did a Physics practical that just kept going wrong.) 

Romeo chuckles, leaning forward momentarily to check the road before making a turn. "Hey, Corey," Romeo greets back, not expecting to call him out of all people. He hears her groan at his name for her. "What? It's a special name, I'll have you know. I'm the only one who calls you that." 

"It's shite," Cordelia mutters and Romeo rolls his eyes. 

"Okay, so what do you want?" Romeo wonders. 

"Well, I'm about running some errands and I look lonely and so to avoid the awkwardness, I'm calling you up," Cordelia explains, as Romeo bites onto his pinkie finger, leaning back, one hand on the wheel, as he waits for the traffic light to turn green. "You're the only person whose time I can waste, so. . " 

"I was going to offer to drive you around, because same, but now I don't feel like it," Romeo counters, knowing that's the best way to receive an apology. 

"Romeo! That is so unfair!" Cordelia argues. "Dude, come on, I have to walk all over town for this shit!" 

"I'm not driving people around who hate on me, Lia," Romeo mutters, teasingly, beginning to drive again.