XIII

| CHAPTER - XIII | 

YOUR ARMS, MY HOME 

Xavier had to pull over exactly eight times whilst driving into the city. His hands had been shaking and he was panicking and he wondered what he is to do now. But never once did the thought of Would this be a good idea? crossed his mine on his frantic journey over to Ely's home. 

At around half past six, Xavier is at the residential building, twenty-eight floors beneath where Ely is. He looks down at his clothes momentarily, just now realising that he is dressed in a pair of black sweats and a green jumper. Xavier shakes his head, mentally, knowing there are better things to worry about – like how to explain why he is here even though the couple are in a fight. 

Xavier strides across the lobby of the building, where the receptionist calls him by his name but all Xavier can respond with is a smile and wave. Hopefully, Gary – the receptionist/doorman – has seen the worry and panic displayed on every feature of his face. 

He runs a hand through his hair, repeatedly pressing the button of the elevator. For some reason, the elevator is taking way too long to come to the ground floor. 

"Xavier?" a confused voice calls. 

Xavier whips his head to look at the owner of voice. He's able to recognise Ely's rough voice in any room, any time. He almost begins to cry because it's been a while since he's felt at such ease and such love without words. 

"Xavier, what's wrong?" Ely asks, taking a few steps closer to  him. Based on his suit and the office bag he is carrying, it seems as if he's just come back from work. Xavier is taking too long to respond because his mind is swirling with the happiness of seeing Ely, managing to discard all the negativity rushing through him. 

"Ely," Xavier finally says, his voice broken and weak. 

"Xave, what's –" Ely lovingly begins to ask, his voice soothing and embracing. Before he can, Xavier runs to him and engulfs him into a hug, holding on to him for dear life. 

His arms wrap around Ely's shoulder and he buries his head in Ely's shoulder. Instantly, Ely holds him, arms curling around him, holding him as close as possible. In spite of the emotional distance they have created between them, they cannot deny their affection and how they are so in love. 

"I'm sorry," Xavier chokes out and he, himself, then realises that he is now sobbing. He lifts his head for a second, to breath, sobbing out, "I'm sorry," once again, before burying his head on Ely's shoulder again. This time, Ely gives him a squeeze, turns his head and presses a long kiss to Xavier's temple. He rubs Xavier's back, muttering a few encouraging words and letting him know that You'll be okay, I promise. 

Xavier will be okay, Ely promises. 

Francesco is sitting on his bed, staring at the wall. He had called Xavier thirty-six times as soon as he left the house but then Rosanna called from downstairs, saying that Xavier's phone was in the living room and that Francesco's gone crazy for leaving so many missed calls. 

Unfortunately, her yelling obviously echoes through the home, meaning all the siblings picked up on it. So, now, his brothers and sister are demanding that he come down – going into each other's room has become an unnecessary invasion of privacy amongst them over the last six years ever since what happened, happened. 

"Francesco, get your ass down, right now!" Fahad finally shouts. Nawaz squeezes her husband's arm, asking him to calm down. Fahad gives her a look and it reminds Nawaz of the state they are in.