Andy Hurley x Reader - 'Fake' Date

Start from the beginning

"Ugh, that's disgusting," you complained.

He continued laughing for a bit before returning back to the reason for the call.

"So I'll pick you up tomorrow at six pm," he asked.

"Yeah, yeah, sure," you answered, suddenly feeling nervous.

~*~

Andy was punctual when he picked you up the next evening. He looked sharp in his black suit and styled hair. You had spent the entire afternoon getting ready. You had showered, washed your hair, lost almost your sanity over styling it, and finally chosen something elegant and formfitting to wear as Andy's 'date'.

If you had not been too busy admiring the way the jacket hugged Andy's shoulders, you might have noticed that he sucked in a breath when he saw you. He gulped hard, knowing that his attention would not at all be focused on the award presentation this evening as long as you were around.

He helped you into the car and he drove off to Pete's house where a limousine would pick up the Fall Out Boy members and their partners.

"Maybe we should establish some rules for tonight, since we're now 'dating' and stuff," Andy suggested, keeping his eyes on the traffic.

"That sounds good, any ideas," you asked.

"Uhm," he set the blinker and turned left. "We keep our hands above the waist when touching each other..."

You giggled.

"Uhm, and it's okay if I kiss you?"

The question made your heart speed up and you felt a little sick from excitement at his question.

"Would you usually kiss your date at an award show," you asked back.

"Yeah, I mean, pecks on the cheeks, shoulder... lips?" He answered, feeling a blush creeping into his cheeks that you luckily did not notice.

"Well, then there's your answer," you decided. "What's our story? How long have we been together already, how did we meet?"

"We've been together for about four months, I'd say. And we can just stick as close to the truth as possible, we met through Pete, became friends and then started dating," Andy suggested.

"Sounds fine with me," you agreed.

The rest of the drive to was spent in silence.

At Pete's place the others were waiting already. Andy quickly told everyone about you being his fake date for the night and everyone laughed at the idea.

"What would be so bad about taking a good friend," Patrick wondered, being the only one who was confused about the plan Andy had made.

"It's weird to take a friend," Pete explained, "and everyone will assume they are dating anyway when they show up together."

"And the invitation explicitly said to bring a partner," Joe added and Andy nodded along.

~*~

From the moment on you got out of the limousine in front of the hall where the award show would take place, you had to play your roll. Andy had immediately wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you close into his chest. He only left your side when he had to take a few pictures with the other band members and for a short interview, but quickly returned to your side afterwards.

Your head was buzzing. There were so many famous people around, some of which you knew, like Tyler and Josh from Twenty One Pilots, and Brendon from Panic! at the Disco, but also people you only knew from pictures. Andy introduced you to many people, producers, bosses of labels, other drummers and journalists he knew, all the while keeping his arms tightly wrapped around your waist. Occasionally he kissed your shoulder or your cheek, each time making you tense up and your skin burn. You always turned your head to him after that, catching his eyes, smiling shyly. He gave you an encouraging grin and pulled you a little closer.