Chapter 22: Traitor

What a traitor!

I thought that Liv was abusing and controlling him, but he was actually choosing to do this on his will.

What do I do now?

If I kill him, I kill my best friend.

On the other hand, if I kill him I save myself and my friends.

To figure out what to do, I pulled out my phone and started to text Ella and Ian. Telling them what happened with Alec.

Well, that was until they saw me.

"Oh, poor Aleah." Alec snarled.

"Um... this isn't my couch." I hesitated.

"It's pretty obvious what you are doing. You really thought I was forced into this. That's so cute." Alec hissed.

"Alec, I said I was sorry. Don't fall for Liv's tricks. It will only hurt you in the end."

Alec started coming closer and closer.

I continued to move back.

"I know you are angry for me not choosing you." I confessed.

"No. I'm angry for you being in my life. If you were never here, my mother would still be living." Alec threatened.

Moving back so far, I tripped over a tree root and fell to the floor. Liv came over to kill me, while Alec put his foot on me, so I couldn't get away.

"Now it's your time, Aleah." Liv scoffed.

Closing my eyes, I braced for impact. That is when nothing happened. I opened one eye to see Ian and Ella fighting off Liv and Alec.

That was quick.

"Aleah! Run! Get away! We will hold them off." Ella screamed.

I picked up my stuff and ram off.

What now?

Even if we give him the serum to stop her from controlling him, Alec still believes she is the best choice.

Killing him might be the only way to stop all of this drama.

I don't want to, but I might have to.

To get ar away from the drama, I ran to Ian's house.

His front door was slightly cracked open. Like someone was in here, or maybe is still in here.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Aleah?" Rosy questioned.

Turning my head to the right, I saw Max and Rosy cuddled up into the corner.

"Are you guys okay?"

"We are scared." Max whimpered.

"I am too." I confessed.

I walked over to them and held them close.

"Everything will be okay."

Even though I said that, I know everything is not going to be okay. To be honest, I think by the end of the day, Alec will be dead and these children have no more family.

"We know what's going on Aleah. We know that Alec is probably going to die. If only he could just control his emotions." Rosy confessed.

This girl knows more than some people might understand. It hurts me to drain the sunshine of her life away, but there are bad people in this world.

"I hope I can be the older sibling figure if Alec doesn't come back."

"I don't know." Max sniffled.

Their tears dripped down their faces onto my legs as I held them closer.

I can't imagine what it is like for these two kids.

Especially when they know their brother is going to die.