Chapter 13: Friends

The physical battle is over, but the mental one just started. Two boys who have risked their lives both love me. One I'm dating and the other one showed up in my life out of nowhere, but I felt like I've known him my whole life.

On one hand, Alec is my best friend that I have known since we were little and has always been with me. Then on the other hand, we have Ian. A little self- centered, but you know he cares. He obviously does because he fought for me.

Lifting my head up, I saw them two standing in front of me. Ian's oak brown hair flowed by his face. Those honey eyes of his could see down into my soul. Staring into them, I could see the broken soul of a person he is. The dark sight of his past makes him mysterious, but just wants someone to care and love him.

Turing my head to the left, I saw Alec. The sweet boy who has been part of my identity forever. His ginger hair makes him look so soft, but there is more to him. He is full of jealousy. People who get too close to the ones he loves will make him over protective, to the point of jealousy. But, that is how you know he cares. He has been through as much as I had.

Then there is me. I am both of these people.

I am broken, but I still care. I try to get over things too quickly, causing for me not being able to settle into what has just happened, I just kind of lock those feelings away. My brown eyes are just a hole of darkness and pain. I am a conflicted person, multiple feelings for everything. Protecting my loved ones always ends up in someone needing to care for me.

"So..."

"Um... yeah. So about what I said before." Ian questioned.

"Yeah about that. You really do have feelings for me?"

"Ian?! You have feelings for her?" Alec hissed.

"Mind your own business, Alec. Anyways I'm better for her then you are. I can actually protect her. You just sit there, helpless."

You could see the jealousy fill up Alec's eyes. The hatred of Ian growed and he became unsteady. That was until he got out of control and went after Ian. Moving out of the way, Alec started pushing Ian. Ian swung at him and they started fist fighting, all over me.

"STOP IT!" I screamed, "YOU ARE BOTH ACTING LIKE IDIOTS!"

The parking lot went silent. So silent you can hear the slight breeze go by.

"I'm sorry Aleah," Alec apologised.

He put his hand on my shoulder.

"Get your hands off me!" I demanded.

Lifting his hand I began to run away. Running away from Alec and Ian, I chose to go home. Complete idiots are what these two are. They both try to act all nice and kind, but neither of them know how to think.

Sitting down in my chair I thought.

I really do love each of them, don't I? They might each be a whole lot of dumb, but I guess everyone has flaws. The question is, who do I love more? There is Ian, mysterious and subtly kind, but there is also Alec. He is protective and loving.

"Ugh! Why is this decision, so hard?" I said to myself.

Putting my hands on my forehead, I heard a knock on the front door. Walking to it, I saw that it was Ian and Alec.

"May we come in?" Alec asked.

"Fine."

Opening the door, they came inside.

Alec looked like he normally did, but there was something different with Ian. His hands were together and he was fidgeting with them. Standing there silent, he was looking at the floor. I got a feeling of sadness coming from him.

Looking up, his eyes were red, full of sorrow. His honey brown eyes, glistening from the light, shed a single tear down his cheek. I never saw this side of him before. The hurt and soft person. The only one I knew is the snotty side of him. I guess that's not it.

Seeing this side of him, I began to wipe his tear off his face. He was staring into my eyes. I feel like I know him better than I did before.

I think he is the one.

He is the one to be by my side forever. I want to know about the mysterious man who stands in front of me. The man who shares something in common with me, but understands the broken person that I am.

Because he is also that broken person.

But, how am I supposed to tell Alec?