Chapter 15: Backstory

"Um, Ian. You never told me about your life. You have a sister?"

"Yeah. I don't want to remember that, though. It makes me upset to think about that time of my life. I haven't seen my family in 11 years. I was 6 and my sister was 8, that was the last time I have ever seen her," Ian said.

Tears forming in his eyes as he remembered the last day he saw his sister forever.

"What did she look like?" I asked, "When I was in the memory, I didn't get a good look at her."

"She had dirty- blonde hair, green eyes, and pale skin; just like my mother. Her name was Ella. I loved her with all my heart. She was the warrior princess in my eyes. Until, I had to be the warrior of myself."

"She sounds beautiful."

"Ella was. Until my disappearance killed that beauty."

"Do you think she still remembers you?"

"Hopefully yes, but I don't know. I will always remember her when you remind me of her everyday." Ian confessed.

"I do?" I asked.

"Yes. You both are strong, independent, and the warriors of my life."

He was the right choice. He is not alone like I thought he was. Even though his family is long gone, Ian holds onto the memories of his past to stay strong.

Stronger than I would ever be and I thought my life was hard. At least I got to spend 15 years with my mother, Ian was just stripped away from them as a child.

"Do you have any idea where they are right now?"

"My sister is probably in college, away from my family. Away from Arizona, probably across the country. Who knows what she might have accomplished?"

Even though he has not lived with her for most of his life, Ian seems so proud of her. Genuinely proud of her.

"I'm so sorry about all of this Ian. I hope one day we can find your family again. I will make sure of that."

"Thank you, Aleah." Ian said.

"Anything for you."

Sitting there in silence, there was just us. That was until there was a slight knocking sound coming from the front door.

"Ian, do you know who that could be?"

"No idea." Ian wondered.

Standing up, I let go of Ian's hand. As I was walking downstairs, the sound got louder.

"I'm coming. Please wait."

Ian was right behind me, watching from the top of the staircase.

Opening the door, it was Alec.

"Oh, hi Alec. I'm sorry about before. I hope there is no hard feelings between us."

"No there are no hard feelings."

For some reason, I didn't believe him. The look in his eye was different than before. Alec's eyes were more of a red color than normal, but who knows. Behind his back, was one of his arms. Like he was holding something.

At first I thought it was something to say sorry, but I was so wrong.

"Alec, what is that behind your back?" I questioned.

"Do you really want to know?"

Turning around, Ian ran towards me. I didn't know why until I faced Alec again.

"This is your special surprise, Aleah. Hope you like it." Alec scoffed.

Grabbing the object from his back, it was a gun. Trying to run away I couldn't, it was like I was frozen.

"Isn't this just amazing? A best friend who was your girlfriend, breaking up with you for a shallow man, but, whatever. Revenge is sweet. "

Pulling the trigger, you can hear the sound of the gun shooting the pistol.

"Goodnight... "