Chapter 23: They Return

Evelyn's POV

Two months have passed since I found out I was pregnant and no one has heard from Steve. After finding out I'm pregnant Tony moved me out of my apartment and gave me a penthouse in the tower claiming it's safer for the baby if I live with the team. Most morning I am bed bound too anxious to get up so as I lay in bed this morning rubbing my small bump my thoughts go to Steve and how I miss him. I wipe away tears as I rush to the bathroom and puke into the toilet. I feel a pair of hands pull my hair back.

I groan"Tony,I thought we agreed morning were private."

"I'm not Tony doll." I hear a familiar voice say and I turn around coming face to face with Bucky. He looks healthier than last time. More himself.

"Bucky?" I ask gently and he nods"It's me doll. I'm so sorry about shooting you last time I saw you." he murmurs.

I push hair from his face"It's ok." I say gently then ask"I Is he here?"

Bucky nods"Talking with Tony,he got worried when we got to the appartment to find it abandoned."

I shoot down stairs still in one of Steve's shirts and my undies as I race to find Steve.

"Jarvis where are Tony and Captain Rogers?" I ask.

"In the lab Miss Carter." he says and once I get to the lab level I bust in and here a heated argument.

"You have no idea what you put her through Rogers. Crying herself to sleep at night. Nightmares on top of being pregnant and being sick all morning! You are damn lucky I don't kick your ass." I hear Tony rant. I come around the corner behind Steve and Tony sees me and his face softens.

"S Steve?" I ask holding my bump.

He turns around and his blue eyes meet mine and I tear up"Your back. Your home."

He pulls me into a hug and I bury my face in his chest tearing up"Y your safe."

"I'm home. I'm so sorry I was gone so long I had to make sure Buck wouldn't hurt anyone." he explains.

I pull away and study his appearance and make note of the bags under his eyes and the beard he is sporting as I run my hands over my bump.

"It's true. We are going to be parents." He says as he takes me in frowning a bit. I nod yes.

"You look like you should be in bed. Your pale as paper and you have some bad under eye bags." he states as his eyes land on my belly. I put his large hands on my bump.

"Our child is growing in here,all of that is just a side effect of the growing child." I explain gently.

He kneels and kisses my belly"I never thought it was possible for us." He says smiling up at me.

"It surprised me too." I explain and groan swiftly grabbing the trash bin and puking into it. I hear Steve come up behind me and pull my hair back. I wipe my mouth when done and Tony takes the bin as Steve picks me up"Come on. Off to bed with us." he says carrying me to the elevator and taking us into our penthouse. I notice Bucky looking at pictures and once Steve puts me down I ask"Are either of you hungry?"

BUcky nods"I could eat." he say looking away from a photo.

I turn to Steve and he nods"Ill cook and make you some tea. You go rest." he says.

I shake my head"Go shower while I cook." I tell him and turn to Bucky"Would you like to use the guest bathroom to shower?" I ask.

Steve kisses my head and goes to find our room to go shower and Bucky nods"Yes if it's ok I borrow some clothes."

I smile"Course." I say and go get him some of Steve's clothes to wear and show him to the bathroom.

I go to the kitchen and make coffee for them and tea for me along with waffles,eggs and bacon as I listen to an artist named Sia. I hum and plates the cooked food and out the food on the table as a freshly showered and shaved Steve. I smile at him as he kisses my head" Ok now sit down love." he says picking me up and sitting me in a chair where I have my food along with Nutella and pickles waiting. Steve brings me my tea as Bucky walks to the coffee pot fixing a cup of coffee and coming sit.

"This looks amazing." he says as he begins to eat. I smile my thanks and begin to munch on my food happily.

"Where were you guys?" I ask curious.

"Here and there mostly." Bucky says.

I nod and we eat in peace and once we are done eating I get up to clean only toi have Bucky pick me up"Nope. We are gonna put a film on while Steve cleans."

I chuckle as he puts me on the couch and sits beside me. I lay my head on his medal arm getting comfy as I put on a random Netflix movie. As the movie goes on I hear his breathing evens out as he falls asleep. I look up at Steve and pat the couch next to me then climb into his lap.

"How are you feeling about the baby?" I ask Steve.

"I'm happy,scared,nervous." he trails off.

I nod"Me too,but I know we are not alone. We have friends and family to help us."

He nods"I know" he says as he rubs my back and begins to sing a lullaby slowly luling me to sleep in his arms as I hold my belly.

***THANKS FOR READING!! PICTURES VIA GOOGLE!***