Chapter 29: Thor's Hammer And Ultron Attack

Evelyn's POV

The party has died down leaving only Tony,Rhodey,Clint,Natasha,Bucky,Maria,Bruce,Thor,Steve and myself sitting on some couches drinking or in my case drinking some sweet tea and watching Tony as per usual making a fool of himself trying to life the hammer. He and Rhodey both have Iron Man gauntlets on trying to lift the hammer. Bruce gets up and tries to lift it and fails to do so. I chuckle as Steve gets up.

"Oh,buy here we go." I tease.

" Let's go, Steve, no pressure." Tony says teasingly.

"Come on, Cap." Rhodey chants. I see the hammer slide across the table and giggle at Thor's alarmed look and he relaxes when it doesn't lift.

"I saw that Thor."I tease and he smiles"How about you try to lift it dear Lady Evelyn." he challenges.

I nod and stand up taking a deep breath I grab the handle expecting nothing,but to everyone's shock I lifted it up. I look at my hand shocked then I look to Thor for an explanation and he just shrugs.

"It seems,the only explain is other than Lady Evelyn,none of you are worthy." Thor says taking the hammer from me. Suddenly there is a loud screeching noise and everyone covers their ears. As it dies down we drop their hands.

"Worthy... No... How could you be worthy? You're all killers." says a voice.

Steve looks at Tony"Stark." he demands.

"JARVIS?" Tony ask carefully.

" I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or...I was a-dream?" says the voice.

"Reboot, Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit." Tony says.

"There was a terrible noise...and I was tangled in... in...strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy." the voice from the trashed suit says.

I feel Steve pull me behind him"You killed someone?" Steve ask.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices." The suit voice says.

"Who scent you?" Thor demands.

THe suit plays Tony's voice"I see a suit of armor around the world."

"Ultron!" Bruce shouts.

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this...chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission." Ultron says.

"What mission?" Natasha ask.

"Peace in our time." Ultron says as the Iron Legion smash through the walls and attacks the team. Steve Kicks up the table and I run and hide behind on the the pillars wrapping my arms protectively. The team begins to fight the suits and one of the suits coroners me about to shoot me when Bucky Jumps down from above me and lands on it smashing its head.

"You ok?" he ask as the fighting stops. I nod.

" That was dramatic! I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to...evolve?"Ultron says and picks up one of the dismembered suits." With these? These puppets? There's only one path to peace: The Avengers' extinction." Ultron says and suddenly Thor throws the hammer at Ultron and he begins to sings a haunting melody"I had strings, but now I'm free. There are no strings on me, no strings on me. "

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch." Bruce says going through things.

"Ultron?" Steve ask as he walks over to me and wraps his arms around me protectively.

" He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Natasha states.

Rhodey speaks up" He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?"

"Nuclear Codes." Maria states.

"Nuclear codes. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodey replies.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Natasha says.

"He didn't say dead. He said extinct." Steve reminds her.

"He also said he killed somebody." Clint mentions.

I look at Tony"JARVIS?"

He nods pulling the now 3D image of a destroyed JARVIS consciousness.

The team starts to argue and I shake my head removing myself from Steve's arms and I walk out and go up to my floor rubbing my belly. I sigh and make tea and just as I pour the tea I go to the living room and put on the movie and I sigh as I sip tea as I slowly drift off to sleep.

***THANKS FOR READING! COMMENT DOWN BELOW PLEASE!***

http://transcripts.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers:_Age_of_Ultron