Chapter 19: Training And Hearing Voices

Evelyn's POV

Steve and I had spent the rest of the week touring London and seeing Peggy. The internet has blown up over Steve and I's engagement. Once we land in New York and get off the plane Steve wraps an arm around my waist as we make out way through the press in the airport and to his car in the lot our bags with us. Once we are safely in the car I turn my phone on and see several calls from Pepper. Once from Tony and one from Fury.

"UhOh Stevie I think we are in trouble." I tease as I call Pepper.

Pepper picks up first ring" Evelyn Olivia Carter you could have told me before you leaked the news online. I'm so happy for you." She says

"Hey Evie. Hey Capsicle. I hear congratulations are in order." Tony says in the background."We need to throw a party. To celebrate the engagement,and the new team member isn't that right Evie."

I flush as Steve gives me a shocked look"Thanks,Tony. I didn't tell Steve yet."

Pepper fusses at Tony and hangs up.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Steve ask.

"I wanted to tell you specially." I reply.

He nods"Well,I suppose its ok. Especially since I get to boss you around at work." he teases.

I roll my eyes"mhm,keep thinking that Captain." I reply knowing he loves it when I call him that."I start training with Nat Monday at the tower."

He chuckles"Goodluck."

I roll my eyes and we get to our apartment. He opens the door and we bring our stuff inside"Mmm,it's good to be home"

Steve picks me up as he closes the door. I squeal" Eeep! Steve put me down!"

He chuckles and drops me on the bed then lays beside me wrapping his arms around my waist"I think we should get some rest,before training tomorrow."

I nod and get up striping to my undies then lay in bed my head on his chest."I love you Steve." I say as I drift off.

The next morning Steve and I are up bright and early. Natasha called and asked him to take over my training because she was called out on a mission. So an hour after breakfast I found myself in the tower training room doing pull ups as Steve counts them.

"Steve, my arms feel like jelly." I complain.

"Ok, get down and get some water,to finish warm ups we are going to run laps." he says.

I sip my water" No,I am stealing her so we can go shopping for the party tonight." Pepper says as she enters the training area.

I chuckle and kiss Steve"Saved by Pepper." I tease.

He smiles"It's ok. I know where you live." he replies and I giggle and go with Pepper.

Pepper grabs my hand and looks at the ring then squeals"This is beautiful."

"It was his mom's ring." I say softly.

"Aww,thats sweat." She says"Now go shower." she orders.

I laugh and go to the room Steve and I share when we are here and shower and get dressed and meet up we Pepper as we go out to the mall

I laugh and go to the room Steve and I share when we are here and shower and get dressed and meet up we Pepper as we go out to the mall. While Pepper is trying on dresses i look around the store. I faintly hear Hail Hydra whispered behind me. I turn around only to see nothing. I shake my head and try on dresses finding the perfect one and paying for it. For the rest of the trip I keep hearing the same words.

***THANKS FOR READING!!! THE PICTURES ARE FOUND VIA GOOGLE. SORRY ITS KINDA SHORT.***