Chapter 5: Dancing And A Kiss

Evelyn's POV

Once we got to the US Peggy,Steve,Bucky and a pannell of men went into a meeting about the map Steve saw while I went with Howard to help him pick up girls for a date.

"The blonde in the corner booth. Try her she looks lonely." I tell him as we sit in a cafe waiting for lunch.

Howard smiles and says"Thank you Evie darling. Best wingwoman ever." he says walking off.

I chuckle and sip my lemonade as I think back on the past few months and on the almost kiss. I bite my lip wishing I had kissed him unaware Howard was coming back .

"What's on your mind Evie I can see the gears in your hand turning." he teases.

I flush"You caught me. I'm thinking about Steve and the almost kiss. It's just so weird I feel so drawn to him." I babble.

Howard chuckles"So,did you think that maybe your soulmates. That your soulmark is his."

I shake my head"There is no way. He is too good for me Howie. I'd just ruin him." I say softly and Howie holds my hands.

"Don't say that. You are the most deserving person I know." He says seriously.

I smile"Thank you. Did you know he asked me if you and I were a couple." I tell him giggling.

Howard laughs loudly"Did he? Ha,I made the Cap jealous."

Once our food arrives we eat and continue talking like old friends as we always do and once the bill comes he quickly takes the bill so I can't pay it"Gotta be faster than that Evie." he teases.

I chuckle and once it's paid we walk out"You Howard Stark are the best friend a girl could have. Now if you don't mind,I'd like to go get ready for tonight. Peggy asked for a sister outing."I say kissing his cheek"See you tomorrow for my weapons and field nurse supplies." I say walking back to the place I am staying to get ready. Peggy walks in a few hours later when I am ironing our dresses.

Peggy"Oh,thank you Lyn your amazing." she says

I chuckle"Not really just prepared. Peggs,does Steve know I'm apart of his team?" I ask.

Peggy shakes her head"Not yet. I thought it best you tell him."

I nod and hand her the red dress"You'll be a vision in this."I tell her. She gets dressed and I do her hair as she does her makeup.

"Have you talked to Steve since the almost kiss?" she ask me.

I shake my head"I'm nervous. Peggs,I'm falling for him. Hard,but I don't deserve someone like him."

Peggy looks at me through the mirror"Bullshit. You are amazing in everyway any man would be luck to be your soulmate. Including Steve. I know the last man you loved didn't make it out of Hawaii,but that shouldn't stop you from loving again. You deserve love."

"How are you so sure? I'm damaged goods. Steve needs someone pure and innocent who is good for him,and I'm not." I gently say and go get myself ready. Peggy keeps drilling into my head that I am worthy of him. Once we arrive at the bar Peggy goes in first and I follow behind.As we walk through the singing stops and everyone stares at us.

"Captain." Peggy says

"Agent Carter." Steve replies his eyes on me in my blue tight dress. I flush.

"Howard has some equipment for you to try. Tomorrow morning?" Peggy suggest.

He nods"Sounds good."

"I see your top squad is preparing for duty." Peggy comments.

"You don't like music?" Bucky ask her.

"The right partner. 0800, Captain." Peggy replies.

Steve nods"Yes, ma'am. I'll be there." he says. Peggy turns walking away.

"I'm turning into you. It's like some horrible dream." Bucky says sounding horrified.

I chuckle"So,have you heard your being assigned a field nurse?"

Steve nods"Haven't met her yet. Do you know who it is?" he ask

"Is she single?" Bucky ask me.

I smile"Yes,I know her because well...I am her."

Bucky"Well,damn," he says while Steve looks at me"No,it's too dangerous. I don't want you getting hurt."

I pull him onto the dance floor and we begin to dance slowly"I'm willing to risk it. Long as I'm by your side I'll risk anything." I say softly looking up into at his gorgeous face.

Steve's gaze moves from his feet to my green eyes"How did I get so lucky to have a dame like you always on my side?" he ask.

"I'm not someone you should hope for."I say gently.

Steve holds my chin so I look into his eyes"Don't say that. Your perfect." He says and leans down kissing me gently. We hear wolf whistles and cheering from people around us,but we don't care lost in our own world.(What the kiss looks like)

Bucky"Damn,now I really am Steve

Bucky"Damn,now I really am Steve."

Steve and I pull away looking into his eyes both of us flushing gently."I wanted to do that since day one of training." he says gently.

I nod"Me too." I say softly.

***Thanks for reading! Comment down below. Link to site is below and pictures via google.***

http://transcripts.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_America:_The_First_Avenger