Chapter 7: Loss And A Long Nap

Evelyn's POV

The plan went down with success and we are in the base. I am currently racing throughout the compound looking for the control room since Steve is on a plane he can't pilot. Once I find it I quickly get access to the plane"Steve? Can you hear me?" I ask Jim and Dum Dum beside me in case Hydra soldiers enter.

" Eve! Schmidt's dead." Steve replies.

"And the plane?" I ask forcing myself calm.

"That's a little bit tougher to explain." he tells me.

I mentally begin to panic"I need coordinates. I can find you a safe place to land." I tell him desperation in my voice.

"There's not going to be a safe landing. But I can try and force it down." he tells me putting on a brave act for me.

Tears leak down my face"Please. We can work through this together we have time Steve." I plead with him Jim and Dum Dum look at eachother sad looks on their faces.

"Right now I'm in the middle of nowhere. If I wait any longer a lot of people are gonna die. Eve I have to do this. Eve?" Steve says to me.

"I'm here." I say trying to hide my crying from him.

"I'm sorry I can't take you out on a proper date. I need a rain check." he says his voice slipping a bit.

I sniffle"Alright. Next Saturday we can go dancing. Eight o'clock on the dot. Don't be late." I force myself to say.

"You got it. You know,my dancing still needs work." he replies.

"We can learn together just please be there." I beg him sniffing.

"We'll have the band play somethin' slow. I'd hate to step on your..." he says then the line goes dead.

"Steve? Steve please answer me. Steve!" I shout as I begin to sob falling to my knees as I do. The team,Col. Phillips and Peggy all in the room looks a range between grim,pity for me and their own greif. Jim the closest person to me holds me as I sob.

Over the next few months we  give reports and the team goes out to a bar to have a few drinks for Steve

Over the next few months we give reports and the team goes out to a bar to have a few drinks for Steve. I however am given a serum similar to the one Steve was given. The main difference is it was taylored for females. Once it is done I find myself packing and going look for Steve."

"Evie,are you sure this is smart?" Peggy ask for the 100th time.

"I. I can't just sit here and do nothing. I'll be with Howard. I'll be safe." I tell her as I load my bag into Howard's plane. I hug her"I'll be back." I promise her and leave with Howard. A few days later I find myself on foot searching some iceland nearby the place where Howard found the tesseract. I hear cracking and freeze. Before I can move the ice breaks and I fall into the cold water. My last thought was of Steve before everything goes black.

<71 Years Later>

3rd person POV

Natasha and Steve are somewhere near the south pole following up a lead given to them by Fury.

"Another dead end." Natasha says frustrated and drops her bag causing the ice to crack and Steve notices a form stuck to the ice.

He wipes the ice and freezes knowing the face."Evelyn. Oh,poor Eve. I'm so sorry. We need to call this in. We just Found Evelyn Carter. My Eve." he says not looking away from the familiar face in the ice.

Evelyn's POV

As I come around I hear several voices talking and beeping. My body tingles as it comes to life. I listen to the voices.

"From what SHEILD has on her after you went down she was given a serum similar to yours,but genetically its made for females. She and Howard Stark went looking for you and she went 'missing'." a female voice says.

"This is because of me?" a familiar voice ask.

"Yea,it is. Aunt Peggy told me about her little sister. So full of life till you 'died'. After she was a shell of herself. She volunteered for the experiment and went looking for you after. " a male voice speaks sharply.

"Boys,now is not the time." the female says cutting them off.

My hands shake as my eyes open. I cover my eyes quickly the lights burning them.

"Jarvis turn the lights off." the male voice says.

I open my eyes and look around seeing all the weird technology before I look at the people. I see a slim redhead woman with define features,then a man who looks like Howard. I turn and finally see a face I never expected to see again.

"Steve?" I ask horsley.

***Thanks for reading!! Comment down below. Pictures found via google quote site below.***

http://transcripts.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_America:_The_First_Avenger