Chapter 16: Meeting Sharon and Seeing Peggy

Evelyn's POV

The night and day passes and Steve and I are at the airport boarding out first class flight. I bite my lip nervously.

"Relax. She'll forgive you." Steve says

"I'm sorry just nervous. I'm not sure she will." I tell him

He holds my hand"She will. It's not your fault you didn't come back."

I look into his eyes"I don't know how to face her. Or the family we have."

"It's going to be ok. Relax and enjoy the trip. Sharon is really nice." he says in a soothing voice,

I nod and relax as we take off. The 6 almost 7 hour flight is tiring because I refuse to sleep while on a plane. Steve seems to have the same way of thinking because when we land we both look and feel exhausted,but I can't help but squeal when we get off of the plane and look around. We get our lullage and see a blonde holding a sign with our names on it. I look confused,but Steve shakes her hand.

"Hi,you must be Sharon. I'm Steve and this is" he says only to be interrupted.

"Aunt Evelyn. I have heard so much about you growing up. Both of you actually. Aunt Peggy is excited to see you both." She says shaking his hand then mine as Steve put our suitcases in the trunk.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Sharon." I say smiling.

"So, Aunt Peggy isn't up to seeing people today. So I can bring you to the hotel and you can see her tomorrow." she explains as we get into the car.

"How bad is she?" I ask her.

Her face turns serious"She has Alzheimer's disease meaning she has problems recalling recent events." Sharon explains.

I nod and look out the window hiding the escaped tear"How much longer does she have? Honestly?" I ask her.

"Let's just say be glad you came see her now. We aren't sure how much longer she has left." Sharon says.

I nod and feel Steve wrap an arm around me. The rest of the ride is filled with Steve and Sharon talking. Once we get to the hotel Steve and I get out and go check in. We get to the room and I unpack our bags as Steve looks up places to eat around here. We end up ordering takeout. Once the food gets here after Steve and I shower we curl up in bed and eat.

"Steve, I don't know if I can make it through the visit and not cry." I say tearing up.

"It's alright to cry. It's normal." Steve sooths.

"I feel like I have to be strong. Not cry in front of her no matter how much I want to." I say putting my food aside.

"We can cry together after visit." he agrees. And that's how we spend the night. Talking till we fall asleep,but we are up bright and early the next morning dressed ready to see Peggy. 

We take a taxi to the nursing home and when we sign in the staff looks shocked and starstruck

We take a taxi to the nursing home and when we sign in the staff looks shocked and starstruck. The head nurse shows us to her room and we enter.

"Peggs. Peggs it's Lyn. I'm here." I say gently."Steve is with me."

She looks up at me as I approach her bed and tears up as she smiles"Evelyn! Steve! Your alive. It's been so long. So long."

***I KNOW PEGGY STAYED IN THE US AFTER RETIRING,BUT I KINDA SORTA CHANGED THINGS AROUND

***I KNOW PEGGY STAYED IN THE US AFTER RETIRING,BUT I KINDA SORTA CHANGED THINGS AROUND. THANKS FOR READING! PICTURES AND GIFS FOUND VIA GOOGLE. I PROMISE THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER!***