Chapter 3- Pain in the goodbye

Rain-

I woke up sweating, but I did not even remember my dream. I got up and looked at the clock- 12 p.m. exactly.

I slowly staggered off the bed, poured a tall glass of cold water, and gulped it down. I packed up the few things that I had taken out of my bag, and threw the strap over my shoulder, walking towards the elevator. I pressed the down button and when the elevator opened, I saw Kade leaning against the elevator wall, head down, and bleeding excessively.

I ran into the elevator and started whispering his name trying to fight the tears that were seconds away from drowning my flushed face. “Kade, Kade, Kade, please wake up, please, for me, please Kade, please.”

No response, then the heavy rush of tears began falling.

“Rain, what did I tell you about crying?” He let out a chuckle and so did I.

“Idiot! You shouldn't be worrying about that right now; I’m going to call the ambulance!”

“Don't stress, okay?” he whispered weakly.

I did not even bother answering his thick question. I called the ambulance, and went through the whole investigation process, which delayed my leave from the hotel. Soon, I was released, and Kade was taken to the hospital in a rush.

I left him without a word, because I did not want to have to deal with the pain that goodbye would have caused.

I ran to my car and threw my things in the backseat. I cried, something I had been doing a lot lately, the whole way to my parent’s driveway, but then I dried it up because I did not want them to see me like this. Seeing their normally happy daughter devastated and heartbroken, would hurt them as much as I was.

I had not seen any of my family in three years, and that killed me, because I was always a family baby. I missed my baby cousin’s birth, I missed my sister’s graduation, I missed my brother’s wedding, and my Grammies big Christmas dinners. Everything that was important to me had been pushed aside when I started college.

Of course, I still talked to them every single day but it was not the same as actually seeing their beautiful faces. I gave myself time to recoup and let my eyes go from red, to their normal color. My face lost its puffiness, and I smiled, because I was finally back at home.

My parents and the rest of my family knew nothing about me coming to Florida, so it was going to be a big surprise for them. I unloaded my whole car, and two by two started pulling them up to the front porch, I was barely able to get to the door because of all the bags.

I took a deep breath then knocked on the door. I heard my mom yelling at my dad to go get the door because she was cooking dinner. I just smiled, because not a thing had changed.

Dad finally reached the door and when he opened it, he let out a big gasp, then a smile, then tears, a kiss, and yells to my mom. Mom came running and greeted me with the same greeting except for she called my siblings that happened to be there today, it was all a big tear feast, I cried, they cried we all cried.

I finally unpacked then relaxed sitting on my daddy's lap as I always did when I lived here. My siblings and I talked, I played with their babies and kids, and we all had a great time.

I had most definitely missed this, and one thing was beginning to worry my mind…there was no way I was going to be able to leave here.

I ate dinner and spent a little more time with my family before I began to get ready for bed. It had been a long day for sure, but everything fell back into place as soon as I saw my family. I did not realize how much I had missed them.