achtundfünfzig

so I just watched love, simon AND my best friend's dog was put down this morning so im pretty emotional rn so im giving you a holly jolly long chapter bc I have nothing better to do other than listen to twenty one pilots and cry today so here (im kidding this chapter is only like 1k words and ik I could do better but at least its longer than the other shitty ones rawr)

jin left his house that day. he was wearing a regular pink hoodie with some jeans. it was nothing special, he was just really excited to see taehyung again. they hadn't seen each other since taehyung moved away, which was almost ten years ago so jin couldn't wait. the boys had both decided on meeting up at one of the cute little cafes in the city.

jin opened the door and the bell dinged. the shop was small and felt very comfortable to be in. the windows were slightly tinted pink and the tables were made of maple wood with white chairs. there was some soft loft music playing through speakers and everything looked pleasing to the eye, jin just always wanted to stay in there forever. it was one of his favourite places, but he was still confused as to why he'd never brought namjoon there.

the blonde haired boy sat at his usual table in the back of the cafe, next to a window that looked into a park nearby, and just next to the counter. he sat there for a while before he heard the door open again and watched his old friend look around for him.

as soon as taehyung spotted jin he ran toward him, hugging him tightly. 

"I missed you I missed you I missed you!" the younger boy said, excitedly, before sitting opposite jin on their little maple table, smiling with his adorable rectangular grin. 

"wow, you haven't even changed at all." jin laughed, smiling too, "apart from the fact that you might have gotten a little bit taller, and I think your smile got more cute."

"you have. look at you, you used to be like a stick and now you're like, hot." tae exclaimed. jin chuckled and they talked for a moment before they both got up to order. the older of the two ordered a simple mango tea and taehyung ordered a vanilla latte. after collecting their drinks they returned to their seats and talked about everything they could. the discussed how things have been for them over the last ten years, the new people they met and the jobs they had gotten. they also brought up old friends that they are no longer in touch with, like that kid that jin dated in school that promised he would never leave. eventually they started talking about college and jobs, and jin was so engrossed in talking about something hoseok had done in university that he completely forgot to bring up his beloved boyfriend. he had so many hours to do it, but he didn't manage to think of namjoon in time, even though usually namjoon was the only thing on his mind.

"okay, looks like it's time for me to go. we need to see each other again soon, okay?" jin asked, standing up from his seat and looking out of the tinted pink window at the darkening sky.

taehyung nodded and rose from his chair too, stepping forward and hugging jin, "when are you next free?"

the blonde boy told his friend a date they could meet again on, before they parted and went home. it was only then that jin realised he had forgotten to mention namjoon.

'ill tell tae about him next time.' he thought as he opened namjoon's front door with the key his boyfriend had given him. he took his shoes off when he went inside and walked into the living room, finding his love lying with legs stretched out and an arm slung over the back of the sofa, soundly asleep with shrek playing on the tv on the wall. jin examined the boy for a moment, seeing his messy bed-hair and content face that managed to show his dimples. he looked so adorable when he was asleep.

"joonieee, im homeee." jin spoke softly, tapping namjoon's face.

"..get out of my swamp you... donkey..." the younger mumbled in his sleep, withdrawing his limbs from their splayed out positions into a ball and laying with his head on the armrest. jin laughed and cuddled up next to him, turning the tv down and falling asleep with his man.

some days had passed of working, lounging around and being fucked by his boyfriend, but now jin was getting ready to see taehyung again. he was definitely going to tell him about namjoon this time. he did the same thing of going to the cafe and sitting at his table. he waited for taehyung, the boy arrived. they spoke and they spoke until they decided they should go and walk around the city for a while. they kept talking for hours, as there was so much catching up for them to do. just as jin was about to, finally, tell tae about namjoon the subject was changed and suddenly the two boys were talking about guitars.

jin kept telling himself that he was going to tell taehyung about namjoon. it went on like this for days of meeting up, but jin never got round to doing it.

it had now been weeks since taehyung had moved into the city, and jin was walking the younger boy back to his apartment building.

"so who's this namjoon you keep saying you're ditching to hang out with me?" tae asked as they neared his home.

"he's my b-" the older was interrupted by the floor somehow hitting his face.

"jesus christ are you okay?!" taehyung questioned, crouching down next to jin and helping him up, "how did you even manage to fall like that?"

jin shrugged, holding his nose in pain.

"do you want to come inside? are you going to be okay? I can take you to the hospital."

"tae, im fine. just, go inside." jin laughed, rubbing his forehead.

"okay.. jin... just one more thing-" taehyung said as he stopped panicking, looking over at jin.

"hm..?"