My Brothers Bestfriend 63

Začať od začiatku

It's a wonder, really. I mean, I could always be so calm with everyone; everyone but Stefanie, that is. I was calm when I found out about Kasey and Caleb, I was calm when I was told of what Matthew had done, I was even calm when 'mum' and Marcus came home. So why was it different with Stefanie? She just got me so infuriated when she suggested silly things; like maybe I need to to re-think about my loving her, or about thinking carefully about adopting... Like I haven't already!

There's only four things I want in life; the first being Stefanie. The second is a child, even if that means adopting. And the only other things I want is for my sister safe and happy, and my restaurant up and running. I finally brought the shop, now it's just a matter of decoration and what not... But I was saving that part for the girls.

I sighed, but stopped halfway through... What's that noise? It's like... Like a chattering sound?

------STEFANIE'S P.O.V!------

I couldn't help my chattering teeth, they wouldn't stop. I new I was freezing, even in my sleep. Or maybe I wasn't asleep... I don't know, but I know that my arms both outstretched and pulled my cardigan closer to me. I was aware that it was day time, but that was all before I slipped into a deeper sleep.

***DREAM***

It was dark all around me, except the bright spot light which was dead centered on me. I was sat on what seemed to be purple carpet. I looked all around me, standing up. I looked behind me, and there was nothing but more darkness. What was happening?

I turned back into the direction ahead of me, and was shocked to see Jacob. He was as beautiful as ever, his dark black hair, almost mistaken as part of the darkness, was messy in a way that was too sexy to comprehend. His blue eyes were sparkling with clear happiness, but what really caught my breath was the the way his eyes lit up with pure love as he looked down at something he seemed to be holding.

I walked closer to him, and gasped when I saw a beautiful little boy. His blonde hair and green eyes proved to me he wasn't this devilishly handsome man's son. He was a stranger. I tried to touch the baby, but my hand was pushed back by an invisible force. I frowned at my hand and tried again, but to my disappointment, it happened again. My frown got bigger as the same happened when I tried to hold Jacob's hand. I was getting scared; what's happening?

"Jacob?" I asked, but Jake didn't look up at me, it's as though he didn't hear me. "Jake?" I asked again, but I got the same outcome. "JACOB?" I yelled, trying to shake him, to even be able to touch him; but it was a useless, wasted effort, because it just wasn't working.

Suddenly Jacob turned around and walked away from me, taking the baby with him. "JAKE! WHERE ARE YOU GOING! COME BACK! BRING BACK OUR BABY BOY! MY LITTLE JAKELETTE" I was somewhat very emotional, crying even as I watched the two things that meant the most to me in my life walk away from me. I now fully understood what it felt like to have everything you ever wanted in front of you, but to not be able to reach it, not able to touch it, not even slightly.

***END OF DREAM***

I woke up all sweaty, though still freezing. The tears were falling freely, and my stomach felt tight. I closed my eyes as my sobs were gradually getting louder, and I was hardly able to breathe. Suddenly I was being pulled off of the dirty bark and I opened my eyes quickly to only see a blurry vision of someones face... But I knew that face, and I'm sure I'd be able to see it through things worse then my tears.

"Jake?" I asked him, even though I knew, and he nodded. He wiped away my tears and caught me in a strong gaze, which I took as my chance to read his facial expression... Which was nothing. He was blank. I looked back to his eyes and there was only one emotion there; relief. But that soon changed, and his eyes were also overtaken by a blank emotion, just like his face. "I'm so, so, so very sorry, Jake." I told him as I lean my head against his chest. I hated upsetting him, disappointing him.

"Stefanie," He sighed, and I immediately interrupted him. "I know I was stupid, and I'm sorry! I won't rebel you, I'll go to school, or whatever you want, just don't hate me, please..." I whispered out quickly and he groaned. "Shut up!" He told me with force, and I could hear the annoyance evident in his voice. "Sorry, I didn't mean to annoy you, or ramble at that... Sorry." I said again as I realized I was still rambling. I brought my head away from his chest and looked up at him.

------JACOBS P.O.V!------

I can't believe she slept here all night! I'm just glad I found her, she looked horrible, like he worst nightmare was coming true. She kept apologizing for things that were hardly her fault, for things that didn't even matter! I mean, it was kind of cute; usually Stefanie was strong, tough and fearless, but I sort of liked the vulnerable Stef, it gave me a chance to just hold her... But even with my weird fondness for it, it was now getting beyond ridiculous and I couldn't take the apologies anymore. "Shut up!" I told her, annoyed, and I felt her stiffen in quietness.

Suddenly she rushed out with more sorry's. "Sorry, I didn't mean to annoy you, or ramble at that... Sorry." I groaned as she pulled away from my chest and looked at me. I cupped her face as best as I could in the cramped up little blue clubhouse. "Stop. Apologizing." I told her with authority, and immediately she nodded her head. She went to open her mouth but quickly shut it again, blushing.

I gave her a quick peck as I sighed. "You had me so worried!" She looked down in what I guessed was guilt. "It's just that, well I must have fallen asleep while I was thinking, I mean I didn't intentionally stay the night in this small clubhouse on yucky bark..." She explained and I nodded my head. I sighed again; maybe my old habit of sighing is coming back... "Stefanie. I'm so, very sorry." I paused as she looked at me, eyes wide with shock. "I shouldn't have overreacted like that... I had no right." I muttered the last part, but she still heard it. "Yes you did!" She whispered as she grabbed my hand. "You had every right!" She kissed my hand and then she shocked me by gasping.

"Jake! What the heck happened to your hand?!" She asked, bewildered. I looked at my hand and noticed my knuckles were fastly bruising. They were an ugly deep bluey/blacky colour with yellow all around. I groaned as I flexed it and finally answered her, "I must have bruised my knuckles when I punched the wall... Obviously." I muttered to myself and rolled my eyes as I realized I said, 'Must of.' She shook her head and sighed. This time I took her hand. "Stefanie... I'm going to stick by you no matter what, okay?" I asked her seriously, and after a moment she nodded her head slowly.

With that I gently brought my lips to hers, and as she ran her tongue along my bottom lip and I gave her tongue access to mine, I realized something... I'd told the truth to Stefanie; I would stick by her decision, whatever that may be.