My Brothers Bestfriend 25

Kasey's POV

My mood is in high spirits as I dance around my room, singing loudly while trying to throw together a decent outfit for school. I wagged yesterday, I can't do it again today.

When I've worked out what I'm wearing I head into the bathroom. I throw my clothes on the closed toilet seat and spin around to face the mirror. I stare at myself silently for a few moments, assessing my face.

The bruises have gone down a fair bit but they're still evident. I close my eyes tightly as I'm forced to realise that today I'll definitely see Matthew. We have too many classes for us to not meet, and even so, lunch is also inevitable.

My eyes begin to water behind my lids but I take a slow, deep breath and force myself to get rid of them. There is no sense in crying, I've been dealt this hand, I just have to pray that it plays out well.

I open my eyes to stare at my face again, but I zone out quite quickly.

I'm praying to God that Jacob doesn't run into Matthew today, because I know things will turn ugly if their paths cross. Better yet, I hope not even Caleb runs into him, because I don't trust his emotions not to come into play, either.

I squeal as I'm suddenly lifted up and thrown over somebody's shoulders. Almost instantly I recognise that it's Caleb and I laugh, throwing my fist against his back lightly. "Caleb!" I whisper-yell. "Put me down!"

He chuckles and I continue to hit his back. When I don't get a reaction out of him I decide to punch I his butt, making him jump out of shock.

"Don't start something you can't finish," He laughs before smacking my ass hard.

"Ow!" I giggle as I stop hitting him and try to reach my butt to rub it. I fail and let my limbs hang loosely. "Please put me down," I say sweetly.

"What's in it for me?" He asks curiously.

"Hm," I drag out slowly, my voice purposely low. "Maybe a bit of this, a bit of that. How about you put me down and find out?"

He repositions me immediately and then allows me to slide down his body. When I'm on my own two feet I look up at his handsome, slightly unshaven face and grin.

"Good morning love," He greets me, resting his forehead against mine. "How are you feeling?"

"Morning," I whisper bashfully. "Okay. Could be better. Ugly with these bruises. How are you feeling?"

"You should never feel ugly," He says, ignoring my questions as he caresses my right cheek, his fingers brushing over the bruises gently. "Because red, blue, white, black or yellow, you could never, ever be ugly,"

I try to hide my blush by pushing my lips up to meet his. He takes my mouth in a slow, soft kiss and I wrap my arms around his waist, squeezing him tightly.

And then the kiss suddenly becomes heady, hot with lust and pure need. He bites down on my lip before shoving his tongue into my mouth, not waiting for me whatsoever.

I begin to fight his mouth, trying hard to dominate the kiss. I rub my body against his and he groans before placing his hands firmly on my ass and lifting me up. He moves us against the wall and I wrap my legs around his waist, allowing me to feel how turned on he is.

"More," I mutter through our kissing and he thrusts his hips against me. I moan his name into his mouth. "Caleb,"

And then suddenly, right as I'm about to strip and demand he take me on the bathroom floor, he pulls away. He releases me slowly and I slide down the wall, breathing heavily.

"Why?" I whine.

"You need to shower and get ready for school," He says, his breathing uneven. "And I need to deal with this," He frowns, gesturing to his lower body parts. I blush and he grins. "You're too cute,"

"We could ditch and just..." I look him up and down and then blush further. I try to shrug nonchalantly. "Hang out,"

"I'd love to," He laughs, shaking his head. His eyes are light with excitement as he thinks about my offer. "But we can't. You need to go to school,"

"You're like the dad I never had," I roll my eyes, shoving his chest playfully.

"Good," He winks. "Now shower,"

"Mm," I muse as I trail my fingers down to the waist of my pyjama shorts. I begin to slide them down my body and I watch as Caleb's eyes narrow. I smirk. "How about you join me in the shower?"

He releases a belly laugh before shaking his head in disbelief. "How about you stop trying to seduce your..." He trails off awkwardly, scratching his nose. "Um... Well, what are we?"

I stare at him blankly, wondering how we went from making out, to flirting, to suddenly discussing the label. I shrug, not exactly sure what to call what we're doing.

And then when I look at him, his facial expression is one of seriousness, thoughtfulness, hope, worry and excitement all in one. And I know that he is just as far into whatever this is as I am.

"Caleb James," I grin and encircle our hands. "I take you to be my boyfriend," I say with newfound confidence. "To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health," I say slowly, watching as his face is overtaken by a large grin. "To love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part,"

"Hm," He murmurs as he runs his nose along the side of my face, peppering me with small, soft kisses. "I like that promise,"

"I like you," I whisper cheekily.

"As I do you," He replies. "I, Caleb James, take you, Kasey Bishop, to be my girlfriend, my partner in life, and my one true love," He whispers against my ear and my breathing elevates. "I will cherish our union and fall for you more each day than I did the day before," He promises and I nearly die because this is something I've dreamed for. "I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live,"

He pulls away and grins down at me, his eyes displaying his excitement. I run my hand through his hair and smile at him. "Those vows are beautiful,"

"My dad said them to my mom," He admits, shrugging. "It's my favourite part of the wedding video,"

"It's my favourite part now too," I grin.

"So now that that's been dealt with," He eyes my lips before inching his head closer and closer. I bite my lip in anticipation, wanting his lips on mine. And then he breaths against my mouth before smirking. "Shower time,"

"I don't think so," I mutter as I jump on him, praying he catches me. Thankfully he does and I grin at him. "I'm not finished with you,"