My Brothers Bestfriend 49

Five weeks later

Five weeks have gone by fast. Five weeks ago, my best friend took a knife for my brother, five weeks ago, Caleb and I spoke about our future. But now our future is unclear, since five weeks ago I conceived a child.

Last week after adding up my moody attitude, the vomiting, the morning sickness and the eating habits, I realized I might be pregnant. And today I decided I couldn’t put the pregnancy test off any longer, and so I went to the chemist. Guess it came back positive.

I sigh, lying back on my bed. I’m sixteen, seventeen next week. How am I supposed to support a child as well as myself? What about Caleb? He mightn’t be ready for a baby. He might leave.

I’m interrupted from my thoughts as Caleb pushes the door open and walks in with a big smile on his face. “Ready for school?”

He walks over to my bed and sits at the end of it, resting his hand on my left leg. I push away the feelings it gives me.

His smile slowly turns into a frown when he sees my expression. “What’s the matter?”

A big fake smile comes onto my face, benefiting us both. Him in not worrying, and me in not being ready to tell him. “Nothing, I’m fin-”

I find myself running for the bathroom as vomit rises in my throat.

Caleb’s P.O.V

She jumps off the bed and runs for her bathroom. Confusion sweeps over me when I hear her vomiting. What the fuck is going on? Why doesn’t she just tell me if she’s sick, I-

Beside me, a long, skinny stick stops my train of thoughts. She would have been hiding it beneath her.

I try swallowing the lump in my throat, but it stays where it is. I reach my hand out for the stick, and slowly turn it the right way up. Something pulls at my heart when I see it says positive.

Kasey’s P.O.V

I brush my teeth after washing my hands twice, getting the disgusting smell of vomit off of me. I sigh as I walk back into my room. Hopefully I’ll be able to pass it off as a stomach bug or something, only until I’m ready to tell him.

That would work. If Caleb wasn’t sitting on my bed right now with the pregnancy test in his left hand. I watch him. He looks dumbstruck as he stares at it curiously.

I’m happy about being pregnant. I want children. Sure, I didn’t plan for them this early, but that doesn’t stop me from wanting the baby I have inside of me. Caleb and I made this baby, this baby is mine. I’m not giving it up.

But Caleb might feel differently. My career isn’t on the line, his is. He has a big football career ahead of him, how is a baby going to fit in his plan?

I’m brought out of my thoughts as Caleb finally speaks.

“You’re pregnant.” It’s not a question, it’s a statement.

“I, uh,” I look down at my feet for a moment, thinking about what I’m going to say. “I can’t be sure.” I sigh, slowly walking over to him. “Sometimes them,” I motion to the stick. “Sometimes they’re wrong.”

“I’m going to be a dad?” He asks me stupidly.

“Yes,” I sit down on the bed next to him, though I’m sure to leave some space. Just in case. “This isn’t the way I wanted to tell you. I wanted to talk to you over dinner, or at night, or something. Just anything but like this.” I reach my hand out slowly and touch his upper right leg. “I didn’t want the stick to tell you.”

Caleb’s P.O.V

“I’m sorry.” She whispers.

She’s not the only one scared of my reaction, I’m scared of it too. Of course I’m not angry at her, it’s just... Wow, a baby.

“A dad?” I ask her one more time, just to clarify.

She laughs before confirming. “A dad.”

I jump off the bed so suddenly that she lets out a gasp. I can’t help myself from picking her up and spinning us both around. She laughs while I have trouble wiping the huge smile off of my face.

I stop spinning us and instead take her over to her wall opposite her bed, leaning her up against it, gently, for support.

“Boy or girl?” I ask her, yet don’t give her the chance to answer as my mouth takes hers. I slowly drag my tongue over her bottom lip before pulling away. She pouts and I laugh.

“So?” I urge.

“I don’t know,” She frowns. “I wasn’t going to find out without you.” She smiles the most beautiful smile at me.

I shrug my shoulders. “Whichever, doesn’t matter to me. As long as the baby has your eyes. And your smile. And I wouldn’t mind it having your hair, either.” I take a loose piece of her hair in my right hand and twirl it before taking her into our most passionate kiss yet.