My Brothers Bestfriend 64

------JACOBS P.O.V!------

We'd come to an agreement, and though I wasn't completely all for it and convinced, the school did go out of their way to help both Stefanie and I out. And, well... It was the only rational decision either of us could come up with; at least Stefanie was willing to compramise. And the most two important things to me are Stef's education and happiness.

With a - in a way - brilliant idea from Stefanie, we are now able to adopt next month.

I'd told everyone about my buying the shop three weeks ago, after my nineteenth birthday, and everyone was thrilled for me. "Congratulations," and what-not where thrown around before I pulled them all through preperations. Together the gang, dad, my early recruited staff and I had come up with everything between the design - which had last week been completed - and the menu's; the only thing that needed to be done was the hours.

And that's where Stef had come in.

***FLASHBACK!***

I lye as I tickle Stefanie's back, her head resting on my chest. We still hadn't come to an angreement on her future, or mine; better yet ours. I realized I wasn't the only one in deep thought as I looked at her face; she'd had this look of thought on her face since dinner, where I had first noticed something was up. I subconsciously shrugged my shoulders; she would tell me whenever she was ready.

We lye there in content for another seven minutes before she finally proved me right. "Jake?" She asked me softly, as though she needed permission to talk to me or ask me a question. "Mmm?" I asked lazily. It struck me that maybe she was about to tell me what had been bugging her earlier as she sat up, looking all serious. I followed in suit and sat up also, raising my left eyebrow questioningly.

I don't think I've seen her looking this nervous for ages, well apart from that night a few weeks ago, when she told me she didn't want to go to school... But I wasn't really concentrating then, I was a little, uh, pre-occupied. I swalled a lump in my throat, a lump I didn't even know I had there. What if this was about that? What if she had decided? What if she had chosen the wrong thing? I started to stress out a little, and I think she noticed because she immediately started to talk.

"Um, so I've come to a, uh, decision..." She started as she looked down, hands in lap and eyebrows furrowed in concentration. My breathe caught for a second before I hesitantly said, "Yes..." It didn't feel right, this awkwardness. Why was she so far away from me? Before she replied to me, I reached out and pulled her into my lap, cuddling into her. She sighed in content, and then gushed out.

"I'm going to school..." "Really? Oh, Ste-" She cut me off immediately. "Stop. There's absoloutly no reason to get your hopes up, because I'm also not." She paused, and as she turned in my arms to look at me I couldn't help the look of confusion on my face. She ran her hands over what in guessing were my frown lines. She sighed before speaking. "Jacob... If I go to school three days a week, well... I think it could work." She looked like she was struggling with ways to tell me whatever she had going on in her mind. "What... What could work?" I asked her, confuesed.

"Alright, I don't know how to say this, well, ask this, because my plans involve you also, and your restaurant... So I guess I'll just come right out and say it. I don't want to go to school." My heart dropped, but she wasn't finished yet. "But... Well, for you I would do anything." I rolled my eyes, ignoring the fact that this was a serious conversation. "I think you proved that," I muttered out but she ignored me and continued her explaining. "So I'll go to school next year and finish... WITH compramise." I nodded my head slowly, signalling her to continue. "I still want to adopt, and I'm sure you do too. If I'm able to convince the school to take me, say, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays only, then those days you would be at home with our baby. Then on Monday and Fridays, I'd be home to look after him, or her, and then, well, the weekends the weekend." She shrugged her shoulders before continueing. "So that brings us back to the smaller was problem... Your business hours. When I come home from school, we could spend some time together, say a few hours, and then you could open the place at a later time." She paused, waiting for my reaction.

"Stefanie!" I exclaimed, a little too loudly. "I know, and I'm sorry." She rambled on straight away, not letting me even talk. "I mean, in due time, you could maybe even promote your second chef, or um, whatever he's called, and then your workers could run the restaurant without you... I mean, if you want it open at all times, then I can just skip school altoget-" That's about where I cut her off. "Stef!" She immediately shut up, looking up at me through her black eyelashes... Jesus! She doesn't know what she's doing t-

I cut myself off and told her, "I love it, it's perfect!" Her eyes went huge and her smile became full blown. "Are you, I mean, are you sure? What abou-" "Of course I'm sure! Come here!" I hated the little distance between us there was, and in one swift movement, I'd brought Stef's face to mine and was kissing her.

***END OF FLASHBACK!***

------CALEBS P.O.V!------

I sighed, giving up and just leaving Jacob to his thoughts, getting one of the movers to help me carry in the bed slats instead. Jacob was SUPPOSE to be helping me bring in he furniture for this place, but instead he's slacking it off to la la land! I thanked the mover and he asked me what I wanted done next. "Uh... You could just bring in the baby things next, and maybe set up the crib. My fiancé will want to design the room herself, but I'm sure she won't mind the crib being put together. Common and I'll show you what room."

------KASEYS P.O.V!------

I was absoloutly tired; my legs were killing me, and my stomach was grumbling like it hadn't eaten in a month! "Stef!" I whined playfully and she laughed. "Alright, let's go feed my beautiful nephew. Common!" She grabbed my hand and led us the oppisite way, towards the food court. "Oh, thank the heavenly lords!" I cried out in exhaggeration and Stef laughed histerically. People were looking at us like we were the biggest freaks on earth... But that could be because I was pulling random funny faces at them?

Today Stef had come up with an idea to have an all-girls shopping day, like we use to every second day before... Well, just before. It was nice, you know? It just felt good to be in the familiar huge, loud and crowded shopping centre and away from all the family and life dramas that have happened to me. I enjoyed it, and I hope that Stef and I do this a lot more.

My stomach embarrassed me by rumbling loudly, and as my cheeks went the slightest red, Stef again laughed. My slightest blush turned full ball when Stef yelled at people in our way, "MOVE IT OR LOSE IT! PREGNANT WOMAN COMING THROUGH!" Finally we made our way to the food court, and before Stef could even bother to ask I told her, "DEFFINATELY subway!" She noddedd her head in agreement and in no time my baby was happily full, as was I. I was now seven months... My baby boy is almost here, and even though I'm slightly scared, I just can't wait to have him out here with me and in my arms; I can't wait to see the hair and eyes that will be so much like Caleb's.

------STEFS P.O.V!-----

After lunch, the rest of the day flew by pretty fast, and as we drove back to the house, I finally told Kasey what Jacob and I had decided apon about a month ago... And boy was she excited! "Girl or boy? How old? What date? Are yous going to get your own place?" The questions continued, but I had no answer to any of them... Though I did know that I wanted mine and Jake's baby to be a boy, I didn't tell her this; besides, we haven't discussed it yet, anyway, and we have to consider what we both want.