Chapter 13 - Bullet Through a Flock of Doves

Start from the beginning

When she touched John, the same vision she had last night came back. Her head was still hurting her. She tried to ignore it for the time being. She thought that adrenaline of the situation will make her forget about that headache, but it's making things worse. She eventually leaned into Thomas.

Something is deeply wrong with her. She's been having these headaches quite frequently. Even if it sounds crazy, well everything's been crazy since yesterday, she feels as if its connected to whatever is happening now.

Not able to take the pain, she reached out for Thomas's hand and squeezed it.

"Angela what's wrong?"

"My head," she groaned, "it hurts."

"It's been hurting since Newt came," Thomas realized. Just like Angela, he's thinking that her pain was somehow connected to what's happening now. "James what's going on? Why is John trying to stop us?"

James was silent. They couldn't tell if he was ignoring them or trying to focus on catching up to John and Newt and Catherine.

"John said something bad is going to happen if Newt and (Y/N) meet," Angela said.

"What is it?" Thomas asked James.

"He's lying. Just a crazy man who wants (Y/N) all to himself."

Angela didn't know if she was going to believe what James said. True, he was the man who put (Y/N) in the asylum. But still, they didn't have the entire story.

-

The benefits of traveling there before, John knew the twists and turns around the place. He took another route that could help him ambush Newt and Catherine. He was so close. So close. If he does this, (Y/N) won't die. Her life wouldn't be ruined and he would keep his promise to her parents.

The tower of the Rosewood Institute was coming into view. Newt and Catherine were so close to their goal, but John had no choice to be an obstacle in their path. He couldn't let them meet.

John stopped at a corner where he knew that Newt and Catherine would pass through. In the corner of his eye, he saw the car. He took out his gun and shot them once again. He missed the first time. He was aiming for the tire so that they'll stop. He knew it was a bit extreme. Especially since the people inside were just kids. He didn't mean to put Catherine in that type of situation, but he had no other choice.

This time, his aim was true. He was able to shoot the tire causing it to swerve. It didn't crash into a tree, thankfully. It stopped before it could.

John left the car and ran over to it. He opened the driver's door and then he saw him. Newt.

"Get out."

"John-" Catherine tried to say.

"I said get out!" John put the gun by Newt's temple. "Or else."

They heard another car come out and just as he thought, it was James. Angela and Thomas were with him. The three got out of the car, shocked that he had a gun on Newt's head.

"Nobody move or he dies!"

"John!" James screamed.

"Catherine, go with them!" She had no choice but to obey.

The four of them stood in one side while he and Newt were in another. Each were frightened, thinking that he'd pull the trigger. Newt was tense in his arms.

"John," Catherine said. She was stuck in her spot right beside Angela who was holding Thomas's hand in terror, or maybe support. "John please. Don't do this."

"I don't plan to hurt him. I'll let you all go if you promise me not to go to (Y/N)."

"But why?" Catherine pleaded. "We don't understand. What's going on?"

"You haven't told them James?" He growled.

James was silent, his eyes only on John. Ignoring everyone else who were curiously looking at him.

"Fine. I'll do it myself then. What I'm doing here isn't just to protect (Y/N), but also to protect Newt. Because James left one tiny detail from you all. If Newt and (Y/N) see each other again, they'll die."

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade