chapter 44

“Guess I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all.” – need you now, Lady Antebellum.

Sam’s point of view:

It’s been one month and 3 days since harry left, two weeks 1 day and 3 hours since I last called him. I close my eyes and try to push away every memory I have of him. I breathe out and take a look at my appearance, the black dress clinging onto my hips, this was the same dress I wore when harry and I spent our first night in. I quickly unzipped the dress and decided to wear something else.

I search through my closet trying to find something doesn’t remind me of him, I fall to my knees giving up when every single thing reminds me of him.

“Sam are you ready? Your date is going to be here any moment.” My mum enters my room “mum I need something to wear.” I sigh and look at her “you have so many dresses just wear something he will be here in any minute.”

“Everything remind me of him mum, I just need something else.”

“I will be right back.” She tells me and leaves me alone. “Here you go sweetheart.” My mum hands me a red dress and leaves the room to get ready.

I don’t even bother to look at myself before I walk down. Adam is talking to my mum he looks at me smiles at me. I fake a smile and walk towards him.

 “You look beautiful.” He smiles and kisses my cheek, a strange feeling rush to my cheeks “thank you. Let’s go shall we?” I ask him wanting to leave the house. He gives me his hand to hold I hesitate for a second before I take it and fake a smile at him; it’s going to be a long night ahead of me.

“So where are we going Adam?” I ask him trying to break the tension in the car “well..... I heard of this Italian restaurant that opened last weekend, it has got really good reviews.” He tells me as he focuses on the road.

“Sounds fun” I fake a smile at him even though I know he is too busy concentrating on the road. I turned the music up trying to break the awkward silence between us. I almost get away from letting my wander back to him until I heard his beautiful voice echo through the car. I immediately turn it off.

“You don’t like one direction?” Adam asks in disbelief “they are nice but just not my type.” I lie through my teeth. “Wow you must be the only girl in history of Britain who doesn’t like them.” He laughs making me fake a laugh.

“I knew there was something in you that I liked.” He squeezes my thigh and leaves his hand on my leg. I look at his hand, his hand feeling completely strange on my leg.

I look at Adam as the silence fills the car again, his curly brown hair that was neatly gelled back to form a quiff, he had a prominent jaw line, a slight stubble covering his delicate skin. He looked so much like harry in so many ways but he was nothing compared to harry. The only reason I even agreed to go on this date was for the fact that he reminded me so much of harry.

It’s stupid I know but when he has clearly moved on I should too or at least try. “Why are you staring at me like that?” he chuckles awkwardly and shuffles in his seat “sorry it’s just that you remind me of someone.” I tell him

“Well I hope that someone is a special person to you.” he smiles and looks at me. “You have no idea how special he is.” I give him a weak smile and look out of the window to avoid any further questions.

************

I take a look at the fancy restaurant making me feel uncomfortable, I have never liked restaurants like these it always like the people are judging me. “Adam this place looks expensive maybe we should go somewhere else.” I tell him as politely as possible. “Don’t worry about it Sam, I can afford. Besides I want the best for my lady.” He whispers the last part in my ear before wrapping his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him.