Chapter 1

Love begins by taking care of the closest ones - the ones at home.- Mother Teresa

Sam's Point of View:

The walk of shame is something that we are supposed to feel bad about, but frankly, I've gotten used to it, it's more of a morning walk for me. I glance at the stranger who I had spent the night with. He is still asleep, so I found it the best time to sneak away. Judge me all you want, but you see I don’t care. It doesn't matter what people tell about me, because it doesn't affect me. I change into my clothes, ignoring the major hangover I am experiencing, and leave.

 I take a cab ride back to my friend Eleanor’s apartment. El is the only friend who had not left me. And don’t get me wrong, I care for El, but sometimes she can be tad bit too protective. I know it comes from a good place but she is not my mum, so frankly it could get annoying sometimes, actually most of the times. So when I see her car parked in the parking lot, I know what was ahead; another lecture about how I am wasting away my life and how I need to sort out my problems and how sleeping with guys would not help. But what would she know?  Last time I checked, she was in love with the guy she was dating.

I try to sneak in as quietly as possible but being the natural clumsy person I am, I trip over my own leg and fall. “Ow!!” I whine as El runs out of her room to help me up.

 "Does it hurt?” she asks, worried. She looks like a mother taking care of her child.

"Yeah but not as bad as my head” I say indicating that I have a hangover and it would probably be best if she didn’t lecture me.

 But of course, that wouldn’t stop El, would it?

“Sam do you know how worried I have been? You can’t do this, Sam. Living your life with alcohol and one night stands, that’s not how life works. Please listen to me. I worry for you and I know you are an adult blah blah but start acting like one. You need to get your act together.”

 “I know El, but seriously just let be. I know how to live my life okay,” I say getting defensive.

"Alcohol and one night stands is not living Sam. Get a job, and take care of yourself.”

 “El, you’re not my mother, so quit the act, okay? I will do what I want with my life and you can’t stop me.” I huff and storm into my room.

Eleanor’s Point of View:

I sigh as I glance at the time, I am late, I had to go meet Louis but Sam just got home, so I am hoping that he would understand. He knows how much I worry about Sam. People don’t understand her and sometimes neither do I, and yet, she was like a sister to me.

I hurry out of the house. Lucky for me there was not much traffic so I was able to reach there in about 10 minutes.

“So sorry Lou, Sam hadn’t come home and you know how worried I get,” I explain as I grab a seat opposite my loving boyfriend.

“Good morning to you too, love” Louis chuckles.

“Morning love, sorry I'm late. It was Sam-”

Louis cuts me off mid sentence. “El, I love you for the heart you have that cares for so many people, but Sam is one of those people you can't change. You've got to let her go.”

“Lou, I can’t. She's like a sister to me. She may seem like she doesn’t care and all, but she has a heart. Yes, at times it's hard to find it but it is there. She's been through a lot and I know you may think I'm stupid for caring for someone who doesn’t seem to change but I don’t want to lose faith in her like everyone else did,” I explain as I glance at the menu.

No one really understood why I care so much for Sam. She acts like she doesn’t care for anybody but deep down I know that the girl who cares and loves is still there. She has strange ways of showing it, but I know that she does care. And I don’t want to lose hope on her.

“Okay, let’s eat shall we,” Louis being the bubbly self he is, cheers. I laugh at how he could always bring a smile to my face. That is what I want Sam to feel. I want her to fall in love but we all know Sam, and according to her, love did not exist in her world. But I am going to prove her wrong, besides I love playing Cupid, so that’s what I am going to do. I am going to find a guy who would teach Sam to fall in love again, and I know exactly who I am looking for.