chapter 36

“When I fell to the floor tonight, I was so scared, I was so terrified. Then I saw you, and I promised myself that if I could just get up, I'd walk over to you... I'd tell you how much I need you and how much I want you... and how nothing else matters.” – Nathan Scott, One Tree Hill.

Harry’s point of view:

“How long was I out?” Sam asks me as the nurse checks her “nearly two days” I sigh thinking about how each minute felt like an hour when she wasn’t awake.

“I’m sorry” she gives me a weak smile “for what Sam?” I ask her.

“For getting you all worried. For almost dying in there.” she gives me a weak smile as her eyes start to tear up “hey it’s okay. You're fine.” I pull her close to me as she sinks her head on my stomach and wraps her arms around my waist and sobs. After she finishes sobbing I wipe away her tears. “You okay?” I ask her as I caress her cheeks, she nods and smiles at me, I lean in and give her quick kiss.

My heartbeat almost slowing down as the butterflies grow. Words couldn’t describe the feeling of her warm lips against mine, especially after these torturous three days when I almost thought I had lost her. Before we could deepen our kiss the nurse coughs making me move away from Sam.

The nurse scowls at us but Sam just shows her tongue to the nurse making me laugh “god I love you” I chuckle and kiss her forehead.

The doctor enters and gives Sam a warm smile. He looks like he just graduated but apparently he is the best. “Good to see you’re finally awake Sam.” He smiles at her making me roll my eyes.

“Good to be awake” she smiles politely. He checks her vitals occasionally smiling at her “Everything seems to be okay. You’re a fighter Sam. It’s good to see you so strong.” He smiles at her “yeah I had a reason to fight” Sam looks at me and smiles, I lean in and kiss her making it very clear that she is mine.

“I will check on you later” he gives us a weak smile and leaves the room.

“I don’t like him” I scoff.

“He isn’t that bad. A bit young but he is not bad” she smiles.

“He looks like a kid” I scowl. “Harry styles are you jealous?” Sam laughs.

“No. Why on earth would I be jealous of him?” I scoff.

“I don’t know he is really hot. Those blue eyes and not to forget his smile”

“Enough.” I stop her before she told anything else; I walk away a little when she holds my wrist.

“Hey he is got nothing on you. I love you Harry.” She smiles at me.

“I love you. I missed this beautiful smile of yours” I tell as I poke her cheeks making her laugh.

“There is that laughter we all missed” Louis tells as he walks in with el by his side.

El runs to Sam and engulfs in a bone crushing hug making Sam wince in pain. “sorry.” El mumbles and wipes away her tears “you really scared me Sam. I thought I would lose you.” she speaks through her tears.

“Awww.... el you can’t get rid of me that easily. You are kinda stuck with me for a long time.” Sam chuckles “I won’t have it any other way.” El smiles at her, the rest of the boys enter the room with a bunch of get well soon balloons and teddy bears and flowers.

She laughs at niall when he enters the room with a bear as big as him. “I couldn’t chose so I just picked the biggest one they had.” He shrugs making all of us laugh.