chapter 23

“Sometimes moving on is the only option. No matter what you're leaving behind. That's in the past. Keep looking towards the future.” – Unknown.

Sam’s point of view:

The car ride was so silent that you could literally drop a pin and it would have been heard. I looked through the rear view mirror and saw my mum sitting there; I couldn’t believe she was here after three years. I do want to forgive her but how could I she left her only child because she was in “love.” I remember crying myself to sleep so many nights; I was just sixteen and she just left.

She knew the impact my dad’s death had on me. I missed him so terribly and Damon came in and helped a little. I was strong for her, I never cried in front of her; for her. But just six months to my dad’s death my mom was already dating this guy called Jake Delarantis. He was a complete jerk if I remember clearly he was tall and well built man, he had dark blonde hair with blue eyes, he had a great smile; he was a good looking man who came with money but there was something about him that was unappealing to me.

It could have been the fact that he was dating my mum and she expected him to replace my dad but that would never happen my dad had this warm and safe feeling to him that no man could give me, until now that is. I turn to look at harry he was trying very hard to concentrate on the road, his eyebrows furrowing as he frowned. Occasionally he would part his mouth to tell something but then decide against it. I found myself relaxing and smiling in this ridiculous situation.

“What are you smiling about?” harry glanced at me for a second “nothing really.” I smiled “okay.” He looked at me and smiled but there was more to his smile, he looked almost worried about me, I took one of his hands and laid a kiss. I intertwined our fingers and remained silent for the rest of the ride.

“We’re here.” Harry cleared his throat as he parked his car in front of the apartment. I hadn’t really thought of what I would tell her. All of this is just so confusing I had never thought I would see my mum, I wanted to hug and cry and get that comfort I have been wanting for the last three years and at the same time I want to yell and scream and hit something really hard.

Harry held me by the waist as we walked to his apartment “make yourselves at home would you like some water or tea perhaps?” Harry offered “water would be fine.” My mom smiled at him “take a seat I will be right back.” He left me there with her.

“So Sammy what have you been up to these days?” she smiled at me.

“Samantha my name is Samantha.” I corrected her smile fading into a frown “Samantha what have you been up to these days?” my mum corrected herself.

“Not like you would care to know so why bother with the small talk.” I snapped at her. “I always cared for you Sam....Samantha.” I rolled my eyes at her sentence is she actually being serious.

“Oh you cared for me that is why you left me huh? Is that your way of showing me that you care.” I scoffed “I had my reasons Samantha.” She reasoned herself.

“What is your reason mom that you left to be a whore to that man who you tried to replace with dad?” I yelled. “Samantha that is no way to talk to your mother.” She yelled louder.

“And leaving your child for some guy you had just met is okay? You can’t just come into my life and expect me to run to you. I am not the girl you left three years ago.” I yelled.

“I am sorry Samantha.” My mom pleaded “you’re sorry mom really? Do you know how I felt when I come home on my 16th birthday to see that my own mother left me to be with some guy? To cry myself to sleep cause you weren’t there to comfort me. Dad left, you left and Damon left I was alone mom, I needed you but you weren’t there. I had no one mom how did you think that felt?” I cried.