Bad News - Chap. 23

Chapter 23

‘’Camz, I don’t want to stay out of your life.’’ Lauren says softly. Camila furrows her eyebrows. ‘’But you have to Lauren. You can’t st-‘’ Camila was cut off by Lauren’s lips on her own. Lauren kissed Camila, and she tried to tell her that she wanted to stay through this kiss. She moved her lips against Camila’s, and after a short moment, Camila kissed her back.

‘’I want to be with you Camila. I want to.’’ Lauren whispered when their mouths parted. She kissed Camila’s lips again, and pulled back to look at her. ‘’I’m falling in love with you.’’ Lauren said softly to her.

Camila could almost feel her heart light up when Lauren spoke those words. Nobody has ever fallen in love with her; nobody wanted to even look at her. And now here she was, with a beautiful girl sitting in front of her who is telling her that’s falling in love with her.

Camila couldn’t help the smile on her lips, and she leant forward to place another soft kiss on Lauren’s lips. Lauren smiled back at her, her eyes lighting up when Camila gave her one more kiss. ‘’Are you sure? I don’t know what’s going to happen, and I can’t protect you all the time. I’ll try to, obviously, but there’s gonna be moments that I won’t be with you.’’ Camila asked, afraid that Lauren might change her mind, but needing the confirmation.

Lauren nodded. ‘’I’m sure. Camila, I have never felt safer than when I am with you.’’ She answered. Camila smiled, a big smile, and it melted Lauren’s heart. Camila reached her right hand out to Lauren’s cheek, but winced at the pain in her ribs.

‘’Oww.. Shit, I shouldn’t do that.’’ Camila growled. ‘’Are you okay? Maybe you should lie down again?’’ Lauren asked her, worry evident in her voice. Camila looked up at her. ‘’No, that’s okay..’’ she smiled at Lauren. ‘’I think we should head downstairs. I need to thank Dinah and Tyler.’’ Camila said.

Lauren nodded, standing up and offering Camila her hoody. She helped her put it on and pulled her hood over her head. She knew that Tyler had seen her without her hoody before, but Dinah hadn’t and this would be the first time that Dinah would actually talk to her.

Lauren offered her hand to Camila to help her get up. Camila chuckled and grabbed her hand, pushing herself off the bad. Camila was stubborn, and thought she didn’t need any help while walking. But she stumbled to the stairs, and was out of breath when she reached it. Her stomach hurt, and her rib killed her.

Lauren walked past her and offered her hand. Camila hesitantly grabbed it, and Lauren guided her downstairs. Lauren could hear Tyler and Dinah laughing together, and she was happy to know that the two of them seemed to be getting along with each other.

She walked through the door that lead to the living room, and Camila let go of her hand, not wanting to seem helpless to Tyler. The last thing she wanted was his mocking about her getting hurt in a fight. ‘’Oh hey Lauren. You’ve been gone for a while, everything alright?’’ Tyler asked her when he saw her enter the living room.

Lauren nodded her head happily. ‘’Yeah, more than alright.’’ She smiled. Dinah narrowed her eyes at her, but with a smile on her lips. Lauren looked back at the door, and Dinah followed her gaze. Her smile disappeared when she saw Camila looking back at her.