Bad News - Chap. 11

Chapter 11

Lauren cringes at the harsh and cold voice Camila speaks with. She is scared, she'll have to admit that. For the first time since everything that happened, she is afraid of Camila. Tyler grabs her hand from the back of his neck and tries to make her let go. Camila’s hand doesn’t budge though, while she diverts her gaze from Lauren to Tyler.

‘’What did you tell her?’’ She asks him angrily, getting closer to his face.

‘’Mila, chill. I only told her who those guys were and why they’re after me. I didn’t tell her anything about you, and I wasn’t planning on it.’’ He says almost desperately, while her grip on his neck never loosens.

Camila nods once, her hood completely blocking her face from Lauren’s sight. She lets go of his neck slowly and keeps looking down.

‘’Why are you here? I thought I told you to leave.’’ Camila says coldly, slowly turning to Lauren, but not looking at her.

Lauren is at a loss of words. She doesn’t know what to say or do to try and calm her down, and she is scared that Camila will hurt her if she says the wrong thing. Luckily for Lauren, Tyler speaks up again.

‘’Mila, I asked her to come over so we could explain some things. You know she’s got a lot of quest-‘’ he starts before Camila interrupts him harshly. ‘’We?’’ she asks him loudly, turning her attention back to the boy next to her.

‘’Yeah, we. I figured we owe her some answers after everything that happened. We have to help her to try and close this.’’ Tyler says simply, rubbing his neck carefully. Camila’s eyes shoot up and meet his gaze.

‘’I don’t have to help anybody.’’ She spits at him. She turns to Lauren once again and looks at her angrily.

Then she turns around and walks through the door to the hallway. A second later, Lauren hears the door slam shut and sees Camila storming off through the window. She sighs heavily and looks at Tyler, feeling both relieved and sad that the brown-eyed girl left at the same time.

She is shocked to see Camila’s fingerprints on his neck in red marks. She gasps a little and Tyler shrugs.

‘’I think it’s better for you to go now. I’m sorry about this, I’m sorry about her. It’s just, she doesn’t let anybody come into her life anymore.’’ He says softly, trying to explain his best friend's behavior.

Lauren gulps and nods, but doesn’t make a move to stand up.

‘’I want to talk to her.’’ She says carefully, her voice slightly shaking but determined at the same time. Tyler’s eyes shoot up to meet hers and he looks at her questioningly.

‘’You what? You did see what happened just now, right?’’ he asks her, looking at her as if she lost her mind.

‘’Yeah I did, but this might be my only chance to talk to her. I have to go after her, do you know where she went?’’ Lauren asks him, slowly rising from the couch, feeling the need to follow Camila grow for whatever weird reason. Tyler looks unsure, and Lauren can see the battle in his head through his eyes. Then he looks up at her and nods.