Bad News - Chap. 7

Chapter 7

Camila stops walking, and looks up.

Her dark brown eyes connect with Lauren’s scared green ones instantly, and Lauren's breath is stolen away from her almost immediately. For the first time, Lauren can see Camila’s eyes completely. They have a beautiful brown color, and they're looking at Lauren so strongly. Lauren’s legs slowly stop shaking while looking at Camila, feeling a strange sense of safety around her, even though there is still a knife pressed against her throat.

Camila turns around to see the brown haired boy still on the ground with that other guy on top of him. The blonde guy punches him in his face, and blood starts to poor out of his nose. Camila slightly shakes her head, and turns her gaze back to Lauren.

She takes another step towards them, and sees the knife pressing harder against Lauren’s skin.

‘’Don’t move Cabello!’’ the guy holding Lauren screams at her angrily.

‘’Let her go, Mark!’’ the brown haired boy calls from the other side of the garage, still trying to get the blonde boy off of him.

‘’No can do buddy.’’ Mark replies kissing the top of Lauren’s head, with a smirk. Lauren feels the fear raging through her body and tries to move out of his tight grip on her, but he only holds on tighter. She feels him smile against the side of her head and it makes her feel sick to her stomach.

Camila takes one last look at Lauren and then looks down again. Lauren feels helpless and she starts to feel dizzy when the safety Camila's eye-contact with her brought her fades away. Fear is taking over her, and her body starts shaking again when she Camila doesn't do anything to help her. She can feel the cold metal against her skin, and she has no idea what could possibly get her out of this situation.

She follows Camila’s gaze down helplessly and it lands on her foot. Camila is slightly lifting her ankle and pushing it down to the ground. The movement is so subtle that it would go unnoticed for anyone who wasn’t looking at her foot.

She looks up at Lauren and their eyes connect again. She looks down and makes the same movement with her foot. Lauren doesn’t understand what's happening or what she means, and can only focus on the cold metal pressing against her neck.

‘’Back off Cabello, give me what I want, and I’ll let her go.’’ Mark spits at her. But Camila ignores him completely; focusing only on Lauren’s scared green eyes.

‘’You heard me! Back off and bring him to me!’’ Mark yells loudly, pointing a finger towards the brown haired boy.

The boy is now standing on his feet, his arms being held behind his back by the blonde guy. Lauren is scared. Her heart is going to beat out of her chest, and she feels like she will pass out any second now. She tries her best to focus on Camila to try and see if she will help her, but there is no sign of Camila making a move anytime soon.

Camila is still looking down, lightly tapping her foot now. She looks up at Lauren with almost desperate eyes, trying her hardest to tell Lauren what she wants her to do. Then Camila taps the back of her foot against the ground again, and finally it all clicks for Lauren.