Chapter 50: Backstabbing Bitch

Start from the beginning

Letting go of another long breath, I glance at him quickly before looking away and blurting out, "I killed dad."

          He snorts to my confession as if it's an implausible statement. "Are you seriously gonna blame yourself for dad killing himself?"

          "Well." I turn a corner only to come face to face with two armed men who immediately train their guns on me. "Fuck me!"

          "Put the gun down, homie. Don't make me blow up your head," one of the men warns me, inching much closer as I slowly begin lowering myself to the ground. My mind starts working quickly to find a way to end them both without getting myself killed. I could make quick work with a pistol, but hilariously, I chose a fucking assault rifle instead. If I don't get their heads within a second, mine will burst into pieces for sure.

          "Surprise, motherfuckers!" Rome comes up behind me and shoots them right between their eyes from a close range, sending their lifeless bodies flailing to the small puddle in front of me, the water of which splatters on my face along with their blood. "Damn! This is like some John Wick shit right here."

          "Thought you ran away like a little bitch," I chuckle, wiping the filth off my face.

          "Not until you tell me what you mean you killed dad." He stares at me with an intense gaze that I ignore as I get off the floor with my gun. "Bitch boy, don't fuck with me right now."

          "Roland and I killed dad and made it look like a suicide. Okay?" I gush out the words in a quick exclamation that takes him by a storm of surprise.

He shakes his head in disbelief. "You are kidding, right?"

"What do you think?" I roll my eyes, striding down the halls and peeking into every room to see any signs of the kidnapped people when Rome decides to kick my back.

          "Why the fuck would you do that?" he shouts at me before I shove him into a wall.

          "Don't come at me in defense of that asshole! You and I both know how abusive he was with Mamá and us. He deserved it."

          "It doesn't give you a right to fucking kill him!" Rome lands a punch on my face in anger, forcing me to cling to a wall to hold myself up.

          "Have you lost your fucking mind!" I ram the butt of my gun to his stomach which forces him back in pain. "He was a fucking drunk who used to hit her. He made our lives miserable. You know exactly how many times Ro and I got close to killing him with our bare hands. You saw how bad it was yourself. He used to beat you up with belts too. Don't you fucking remember?"

          "I fucking remember everything!" He rises to his feet with a broken piece of concrete and flings it at me, hitting me right in the head. "You should've at least told me about what happened. I wouldn't have ratted you and Ro out to the po-po."

          "Fuck off!" Wiping the dirt off my head, I spit onto the ground, tightening my grip on the AR in sheer irritation to his unwanted tantrums. "Since we're at it, it's about time you know that Daisy isn't our biological mother."

          "The fuck you mean?" He stares at me incredulously, his mouth slightly parting.

          "Daisy is Roland's mom, not ours, but she took care of us when our mother killed herself because of dad's physical abuse and his infidelity. You were only two at the time which is why you don't remember anything," I inform, finally laying out the truth for him. "Roland is our half-brother because dad got Daisy pregnant while he was married to our mother before I was even born."