Chapter 11: No Pain, No Gain

That sexy man 😍😍 It should be a sin to be that hot!!! Oh well, moving on. Enjoy!

I haven't gone over this chapter as many times as I would have liked. Let me know if you guys encounter any mistake. ❤️

-------------------------------------------

          Damn it! I bolt for the closet after placing the phone on Mr. Azallion's chest to allow him to talk to his brother while I immediately change into a spare pair of pants and blouse. I can't let him see me like this; see all the scars peppering my back and chest. I can't allow anyone to see it.

A loud thump hurriedly pulls me back into the room and I can only stare at the scene in front of me. "Did you just break my bed?" I narrow my eyes at the man as he breaks through my bedpost with a piece of wood dangling from the other end of the rope tied to his right hand. He removes his blindfold glancing over to me and then untying his other wrist.

"Why didn't you call me as soon as she got home?" Mr. Azallion ignores my question and sits on the edge of the bed while he looks for his shirt.

          "I just got home from the party Zeenat is having at her apartment and when I got in, everything was scattered." The boy yells through the speaker while his tatted brother slips his shirt on immediately. "Mom came at me when she saw me and started asking for money. She looked like a fucking lunatic and began hitting me. I pushed her off me and then she pulled out a gun. I tried to run but she shot my fucking leg and like a stupid bitch, she fucking passed out right after."

"Call 911 right now." He frenziedly puts his shoes on and continues. "I'll be there soon."

"Call the police if you want your mother to go to jail for a long time."

"What?" Mr. Azallion furrows his brows at me.

"That's a sexy voice," his brother snickers to himself.

          "Shut up!" Mr. Azallion snaps and looks at me confused. "He is shot, so I don't know what the hell you're talking about."

          "Call the cops and you can say bye-bye to your mom for years." I slowly saunter towards the bed and take a seat next to him. "If you let me handle this, I can send her to the rehab like I promised."

"I like her a lot. She sounds sexy and she's helpful too." His irrelevant flirting forces a chuckle out of me while his brother rolls his blue eyes.

"Are you even shot?" He holds up his phone and lifts himself off the bed. "You sure are talking a lot for a boy who just got shot."

"That's the thing," the boy retorts. "I don't feel any pain. It's like I'm invincible. What if I'm deadpool now? I'd make a handsome deadpool."

"Shut up and how's that possible?" Mr. Azallion and I leave the room, heading towards the elevator. "Are you even fucking shot or are you shitting me?"

"Bitch, I'm sure," the boy fires back at Mr. Azallion and screams. "I'm literally sitting on the couch and looking at mom's unconscious body. The music from Zeenat's apartment is so loud that I doubt anyone heard the gunshot."

"Sometimes it takes our body some time to send out a pain signal during stressful situations," I shed some medical light on the boys and sigh while pressing the button to the ground floor. "That's what his body is trying to do to keep him calm."

          "Is love at first phone a thing because I think I just fell in love," the boy mumbles causing me to chuckle.

          "I'm Athena," I grab the phone from Mr. Azallion's hand and speak into it. "Listen to me carefully."