Chapter 50: Backstabbing Bitch

IMPORTANT: I know many of you have read Mia Regina and are reading the second book, Mio Re. I would really appreciate it if you didn't post spoilers here because I hate having you delete them or deleting them myself. If you have any questions about Arie and Leo around this point or have to say anything that you know is a spoiler, just message me privately.

AS FOR THE TIMELINE!!! Many of you were confused about this because Arie showed up. This event is taking place around three months after Mia Regina ended if you remember so it isn't around the same time as Mio Re. This book is going on in the past whereas Mio Re is set in the future, four years later so everything that is happening here right now has already happened in Mio Re and you potentially know how it all ends up. DO NOT CONFUSE THE TIMELINE! This is why I suggest people to read Mia Regina then Escort Me Baby and then Mio Re after it all.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION THAT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS, JUST MESSAGE ME PRIVATELY! I'm more than willing to clear up any confusion and would love to chat.

Anyway, Enjoy the chapter. Vote, share, and comment! ❤️

——————————————————

(Eros' POV)

          We arrive at the location that was given to Athena after a two-hour ride. Our men swarm the empty streets of the abandoned small town in New Jersey with their guns hungry for blood. The only sounds echoing through the air are footsteps of those trained assassins hustling to take out any threats lingering nearby, the cocking of handguns, magazines being thrust into big assault rifles, and soft murmurs between them.

          "I'm going to say this the last time, stay in the car. I'll have your brother out as soon as I eliminate the threat," Athena advises Arie yet again, but Arie is determined to be the hero herself.

          "And I'm going to say this one last time too. I'm coming!" Arie gives Athena a hard look, nabbing a semi pistol from the trunk of a car that holds weapons ranging from knives to grenade launchers stashed under the flat flooring of the trunk. "Ready? Or are we going to argue a little more?"

Athena scoffs at Arie's confidence before Vince shows us a live satellite footage on his phone. "There are a few people scattered all around." He moves the screen, showing us little beams glowing in different houses and stores. "The biggest heatwave is coming from this building. I think that's our spot to hit." Indicating to a cluster of red dots radiating heat, he hands Athena the phone and orders men to raid the other areas to terminate the enemies sitting in trenches.

          With a snap of her fingers, Athena rounds up some of the assassins to make a shield around herself, me, Vince, Jackson, Arie, and Rome. Apparently, Addy had been training him to fight while I was sulking in Staten Island for two months after Athena shot me. No wonder they are really close now.

We all move through the streets like ninjas, watching over our back with our weapons drawn to rip through flesh. My fingers tighten around the AR-15 as we close in on the rusty building that seems as though it'll collapse any moment now. Men kick down the door and go in first to scour the area that is eerily quiet.

"Eros, Roman, come with me," Vince orders us before he glances at Athena. "You take boss lady and Jackson with you.

"Don't call me that, Vince!" Arie chides him in annoyance.