42

"yuta stop walking around and sit! you're making me dizzy," haeun called out.

"okay, i'm sorry! geez, woman. i can't help it with this that we're doing."

"but yuta, how about jaehyun?"

"what about him?"

"what are we going to do with him?" haeun asked with worry as he thought of the boy.

"really? you're going to worry about him now after you played countless boys? it's simple haeun! ghost him and he's gone and we're all good." yuta approached the girl and held her hands. "haeun, proceed with the plan. it's already perfect so you just have to follow okay?"

yuta pulled out a gun from his back pocket and gave it to her. this was it, this was what they've been planning for the longest time. haeun just nodded at the boy and carefully hid the firearm underneath her clothes before going out. she needed this and her guard up just to protect herself from taeyong and everything he could do.

haeun stood before the doors of the house he brought her in. the same house where she saw a lifeless kun, the same house that she could've died at. she wanted do be honest and told herself that he loved him, but she couldn't be merciful for a petty thing such as love because as far as she knew, his father never thought of that when they killed her mother.

"haeun i knew your mother," yuta said when they were on the terrace of his house.

"what?"

"she was like an angel who was given a mother to me. we were close because i always saw her and played with her. we always met at a playground near my school so when one day she didn't come, i felt like something was wrong. i went to her house and i saw them and they killed her, mercilessly."

"who... who was 'them'?" haeun asked with tears in her eyes, but then realization struck her. "taeyong?"

"his father. it was horrendous, haeun. he killed her without hesitation. it was all so fast. that's why i know how you feel because she was also like my mother."

she hated that conversation with yuta. she hated that the man she went crazy for was the son of her mother's killer. she hated everything at this point and because they were merciless in killing her, she would do the same for killing him. an eye for an eye.

haeun opened the door to the dark and big house. the smell of blood was reeking in this place, it was disgusting. the house was silent, but she felt the presence of the man she was looking for. 'this is it' she thought.

"wow, you're a brave girl huh?" taeyong's voice echoed. he was on the second floor, looking down at the girl who was not even intimidated by him.

"yes, i'm a big girl who can handle herself right now." haeun slowly walked to the man who looked amused by what was happening. "now tell me taeyong, what is the truth?" she asked before grabbing her phone and playing a recording which happened to be taeyong and jisung's conversation at the park. tayeong's eyes widened.

"she needs to know, she has a right to! she's her child too!"

"what do i need to know taeyong? this?" haeun played another clip which jisung recorded and sent to her after he left with his family to move far away.

"haeun," jisung said. "the things at the house got out of hand because da- he wanted them to be a family. them meaning i wasn't part of it." 

jisung chuckled as he remembered the painful memory. "he wanted to erase her past so she could stick with the presentthem. haeun, he wanted to kill me! he was about to do that but mom went in front of me and then there was nothing i could do. she died right there."

"taeyong, you're such a monster. you and your father are monsters. how merciless can you be?" she asked in anger. taeyong just chuckled as he got back to his senses. the truth that he tried to hide for so long was now out. jisung was right, secrets will always be revealed, whether you like it or not.

"jisung is such a traitor, don't you think. i thought a secret is a secret?" he said in a playful tone as he pulled out a knife and played with it. "so i think i could still keep it that way if everyone who knows it is gone?"