18

"but take care of my daughter, taeyong," father reminded before letting me go. he's been in the protective father act these days since he's been seeing taeyong and me together lately.

"so, where are we going today?" i asked as i went into the car.

"you'll know when we get there or if we get there," he muttered as he went in the driver's seat.

the drive was pretty quiet and, not to mention, awkward. i mean, we have been talking more these days, but it was all 'school' related. the deadline is on tomorrow and i guess he's making his last big move.

"hey, you alright there?" he asked as he took a quick look at me staring at the window. it was already dark outside and the stars were visible from where we were. the houses in the street were all dark, probably because it was already late at night. we have been driving for hours and the only thing guiding us through the dark was the moon.

"the moon is pretty right?" mom pointed at the glowing round ball in the sky ."haeun, remember that no matter how much you think you're in the dark even if you think that there's no hope, there will always be something that will guide you through it, like the moon."

i remembered my mom's words. we came from a road trip and traffic took us all night. she was beside me and she was telling me all kinds of stories until she started about the moon and the way she talked about it with so much wonder and amazement made me believe and remember it up to this day.

"hey." taeyong shook my shoulder which made me look at him. his eyes were lit up by the moon and he looked... concerned. that was a first. 'cared' and taeyong was never placed in one sentence unless it had 'never' in between it.

i looked at his hand that was lightly placed on my shoulder, then i looked at him. just by looking at his side, i saw his eyes and how beautiful they were with the help of the moonlight. he kept that concern in his eye and looked at me over and over again.

"halt," i sternly said with my eyes on my hands this time. he followed quickly and stopped by the side of the road.

i unconsciously took his hand off my shoulder and held it. i stared at him for a long time and he just remained confused there, but he didn't do anything. it seemed like he wanted to say something but words never left his lips.

his lips.

i never uttered a word either. i was just looking at him and taking in all his features and it just looked perfect. he was incredibly perfect, he looked ethereal. truly, god put all his attention when he created lee taeyong.

and i never could've guessed what i did next.

i slowly broke out of my seat belt and leaned forward as i wrapped my arms around his neck. his eyes were now full of confusion and shocked. his eyes looked timid for once, but it never stopped me from leaning more and slowly, closing the gap.

millions of thoughts went through my head at that moment. it said a lot of 'stop doing this' but i didn't listen. i guess i felt lonely as i looked at the moon and remembered mom or i looked up and saw the moon who was alone. i didn't understand anything i did, it was my first and i didn't want it to be this way.

but what i didn't understand the most was how he just had his eyes widened and his mouth agape, there was nothing. it lasted longer until i finally woke up, it was wrong and it was so wrong.

i immediately pulled away after that moment of realization with my eyes widened, processing what happened and processing if it really happened. i can't believe what i have done. this man, this player who stained a lot of women with his lips, and i'm now one of them.

"why?"

"you were unsure," he managed to whisper.

"so what? you've done it a thousand times. you might've just gone with it as well, but hey, thanks for making me look stupid," i replied sarcastically. maybe i was hurt because i guess i trusted him, but i should've known better, right?

i went out of his car and hailed a taxi immediately. it all looked like a dream, no, a nightmare. i was so lost with all the things he said and showed. maybe there was a time that i thought i was different from the other girls because there was my mother to prove it. i thought that he did take the time to do this all, for me.

i stepped in the taxi and looked back at the car. there was nothing, no movement and no turning back. i guess i should've done the same. now, i've learned my lesson.