40

"how are you related with the patient, sir?" the doctor asked as he eyed the charts of the girl he just finished operating on.

"i'm her friend," he answered but immediately took it back. "no, i'm just an acquaintance."

the doctor hesitated but he still told kun her current condition. she was fine and there were no serious injuries, but that wouldn't mean that she was free to go. the doctor estimated about a week before she gets discharged as they would still need to do some tests on the girl.

"okay, she's fine," kun breathed out as he sat on the chair, wiping his forehead. this day was going hard for him because he didn't know it would make this such turn. it's harder for also the added fact that jaehyun hasn't picked up the phone nor has he seen the messages he sent him. he put his head on his hands and ran his fingers through his hair, this is all wrong he thought. he stayed in that seat for an hour before a nurse approached him and said that the girl was now available to be visited in a room. he thanked her and went up.

kun slowly opened the door to room 127, the room where han haeun is currently staying at. he looked at her state, she had bandages all over her body and she was asleep. for a quick second, dangerous thoughts of haeun not waking up flashed in his mind, which made him falter for a bit. kun looked at the girl once again; she was peacefully asleep and it was something... beautiful to see.

"i still don't get anything, anything at all. why you're like this right now and why i am as well," he said as he stared at her for a longer time.

-

kun paid the fare and stepped out of the cab. he was able to contact haeun's father and so he left once he arrived. he looked around him. this place was still the same normal but beautiful district he lived in, but something felt odd just like an unwanted presence was out there. he was right about that thought though because as he walked towards his apartment, a hand cupped his mouth and a cold metal brushed his skin. what the hell is this, he thought.

"what the hell do you want from me?" kun asked in a panic. he couldn't see the man's face because it was too dark and his face was out of his view.

"then what the hell did you just do?" the voice asked in return. this voice was familiar, too familiar for kun to not know who this person was.

"what i had to do, taeyong. now, i don't care about what you want because that girl put her life on the line for my sake, so you can't just expect me to do nothing," kun answered, annoyed.

"kun, look around and learn! she's no use and she's not someone worth saving, not with all the mess she's done."

"you caused the mess, taeyong, not her."

"excuse me?" taeyong asked in disbelief on the boy's disrespect on his elder. "so you're saying that i'm the cause of all this? boy, where did you get that story."

"she's just another girl you wanted to play and fuck, taeyong. she's acting like this because she's more capable than you're other women, she's more capable of bringing someone like you down," kun answered the older man with determination in his eyes. he was proud because he was right and he caught the great lee taeyong by surprise.

taeyong couldn't take it any longer, he was mad, very mad. he grabbed the chinese boy's collar and harshly slammed him against a wall. kun's nose started to bleed and the sound of the slamming was so loud, which could only mean how painful it might have been.

"fix yourself, kun, you're lucky you didn't get hit by the car." taeyong released the boy and quickly walked away from him. kun was baffled by everything that has been happening this day.

especially the fact that he never mentioned a car accident to taeyong.