22

"hey!" i called out as i ran to the tall man. he was standing beside the lockers, waiting. i went up to him and ruffled his hair and smiled. 

"oh, quit it." he quickly fixed his hair before reaching out for my hand and held it in front of me. "there's no going back now," he reminded. i sighed as i looked at him in a determined way and smiled softly.

"i'll be okay, i'll have no regrets," i whispered to myself as an affirmation before starting the show.

"ready?" he asked as he looked at me. i simply nodded my head and smiled.

the cafeteria doors were slammed open, acquiring a big sound and all the student's attention. yuta and i pretended to look shocked as the doors opened as we slowly and shyly walked in the hall. majority of the girls froze in their seat as one of them had found a girl and best of all, it was one of taeyong's girls that got git his friend.. people then started to gossip and talk as we walked through the hall to yuta's table.

the table was lively as both of us approached. we both acted as if we were embarrassed by all the shouts and whistles they did from the entrance to this table. they all looked supportive except for someone who remained quiet in the middle of the table.

"who told you-" taeil threw an apple to yuta, which he barely caught- "that you had permission to get a girl before i can?"

"gosh, hyung's life surely sucks," johnny commented as he stifled a laugh

"yuta-hyung! how about me?" winwin pouted as he looked at the older one who laughed at his sudden cuteness.

"aw, is our winwin jealous?" he teased as he pinched his cheeks.

"but to start this politely-" yuta started as the others held their laughter at his choice of words- "this is haeun, han haeun and of course you know why she's here, i mean, of course you know why she's here because she doesn't have any other reason to come here with me-" i lightly nudged his shoulder as he noticed his rambling- "if she wasn't my girlfriend," he finished.

"okay!" mark exclaimed and clapped as he stood up, raising his glass of water. "for nakamoto yuta and han haeun!"

"for nakamoto yuta and han haeun!" almost all of them said in unison as they all raised their bottles or glasses. only one person remained in his seat, motionless and quiet.

"looks like we acknowledge these two except for mr. cranky pants here," haechan said which made the others look at taeyong. "hyung, be happy for them"

"congrats," he plainly said, more like stated. he was about to stand up and leave when a girl suddenly rushed to him and sat him down.

"taeyong! you didn't answer my calls," she said with a hint of frustration in her voice.

"we're having a happy gathering here," jaehyun raised his voice as he looked at the girl who called for taeyong. "so please don't interfere." he forced out a sarcastic smile as the girl rolled her eyes and walked away.

"ugh! i hate those people who think their somebody because of- i hate them!" haechan complained as he fell back on his seat. the other were trying to calm him down and. "hyung, why do you even have so many of those?"

everybody looked at their leader who seemed as if he won't be answering anything. he was frozen on his spot and he even looked like they had a question. yuta and i looked at each other and thought that it was our cue to leave.

we bid our goodbyes with the others and we both walked through the mostly empty hallways. the students were all eating and reviewing in their own spots that these hallways were always empty.

"here's my stop, i gotta go 'cause i have an exam. thanks for today." i smiled at yuta who looked too deep in thought. "hello?" i asked as i looked at him.

"hey," he suddenly held my face. "can i have one big stunt in this play?" he asked which made me confused. his eyes zoomed past me and looked at something before i heard him counting down.

"3...2...1" he whispered.

and then everything made sense. the bell rung and students rushed out of the cafeteria or where they have been on the campus. the hallways became flooded with people and that's when i felt someone's lips on mine. what a crazy stunt, yuta.