17

"calling han haeun of class 3, you're asked to report to the student council office immediately," it said. all eyes were on me and almost all had curiosity in it. trust me, i don't know why i'm being called i thought. i silently took my bag and walked away from the room towards the seemingly horrid office. i knocked.

"come in," the voice answered.

"what did i do wrong?" i asked as i saw the person who asked for my presence in this office.

"is that how you greet the student council president?" he challenged with an irritating smile on his face. "but fine, for the record you didn't do anything wrong." he turned his chair and stood up before walking up to me. "i guess i just needed you to accompany me with something. plus, extra points." he grabbed his coat and winked.

we both went up through the emergency exit. we went up by about 4 floors which made me exhausted while he just kept on going. i figured we'd be in the rooftop, but we stopped a floor below it. he opened the door and gestured that i go in first.

"what is this place?" i asked with wonder. i looked around the room, there were countless shelves with trophies and big picture frames holding people with gold plaques below it. it was amazing with the gold everywhere and, not to mention, the amazing view given by the big glass windows the room had.

"isn't it obvious? it's the hall of fame! every student that did or gave a remarkable victory for the school is posted here.

"why would you even bring me here?" 

"because there is someone i wish for you to see." he dragged me all across the room before coming to a sudden halt. "ages ago, jisung told me a lot about you and a special person and i just hope you don't get mad at me for this"

we walked a little more before reaching a big picture frame. it was here in the back probably because it has been so long, but the quality still looked good and it made me happier than anything that happened lately.

"mom," i muttered as i gently touched her face. she still looks as beautiful as ever with her hazel brown eyes and soft small eyes. she's just like how i remembered her, how i preserved her in my memory and she just looks like she's looking at me and smiling at me. 

"i miss her," i whispered softly. taeyong muttered something, but i didn't quite catch it.

"i guess we need to go," taeyong alerted as we heard the bell ring. "apparently, student aren't allowed here, even me.

we quickly ran down the stairs and had a little race while at it. if we were caught, being in the rooftop was much more reasonable since a lot of people come to the top, but we weren't caught, thankfully.

"by the way, why would i get mad at you for that?" i asked him before he went back to his office.

"you might go on about how i looked into your life or something, but just thought this would make you happy." he started to walk away but stopped as i shouted his name.

"thanks." he gave a quick salute before running back so that the teacher won't notice he's gone.

you're much better than i thought, lee taeyong.