36

it was an amazing sight, one that she has never seen. yuta's house was big, ginormous even, especially compared to taeyong's.

"welcome, haeun."

"damn yuta, what a house," i muttered in awe as i took it all in.

it was as if this house was a set for a dramatic hollywood movie. everything looked elegant and expensive and to think this was yuta's was something i could never imagine. he suddenly grabbed a bell from one of the tables and rung it, soon, 2 pairs of maids came running to us and bowed before getting the bags that was in his hands. is that normal when you're rich? i thought. yuta wasn't kidding when he said he was capable of anything, money-wise at least. to think, he could've gotten taeyong finished with a snap of his fingers... but he didn't.

"the maids will tell you all about the house, think of this as yours." he winked before yawning and walking up the stairs to probably sleep. "oh, you want a little bedtime story?"

i looked at him confused but with a hint of curiosity. i didn't know what he was talking about, but it looked like it wasn't good. he had that glint of anger in his eyes which made me realize what he meant, taeyong.

"it's very hard telling stories if you're not good at it and especially if that story is about a bastard and his father." he clenched his hand tightly as he proceeded to go upstairs in which i followed. "let's start with our first main character, his father. he was a good man, but who knew he'd become broken and selfish? he wanted her for himself, he wanted to erase her old life just so it'll be like they're a perfect family, but that's not what he got. his wickedness just led him to kill the most important woman in my life, just because he was greedy with her. lee taeyong, you ask? he's the son of that crooked man! he didn't protect her, he left it all alone, he didn't care, then, he buried everything with it, but you know what's worse?"

i wouldn't lie, i wanted to know what he was going to say but as soon as yuta turned around to face me after that question, he smelled of liquor. he was holding a glass and it could've been the world's strongest alcohol because he looked too drunk for one small glass. i was curious, but i wouldn't like to see yuta dying in front of me due to some liquid. "yuta, maybe you need to stop right there and continue tomorrow-"

"no! whether you like it or not haeun, you'll need to hear this part." i tried to ring a bell and it made maids come to the room, but with some guards. oh, was this normal already?

"fuck," he cursed as the men tried to pull him to his room. "let me go," he muttered sternly but they didn't obey as, i believe, they were used to it. "let me go or you're all off of your damn jobs." and that's when they just bowed and left him. guessed they had a limit.

"you know, haeun, i'll never blame jisung like some of them did, in fact, i thank jisung." 

i suddenly became alert as i heard my brother's name. i looked at his unstable figure with wide eyes as he looked like he knew everything, everything i didn't. "what does all this have to do with him?"

"well if you haven't caught up, missy, the woman that bastard's father killed was jisung's mom, your mom."

i stumbled backward, but immediately became frozen after a few steps. yuta laughed, he laughed so hard he looked like a maniac while i was paralyzed and stuck in my train of thoughts. i couldn't comprehend what was happening.

"you aren't related to my mother in any way, yuta. how are you in this?" i wanted to know. the answer might be something else, but i just had to be sure. maybe he was mistaken? his mother is different from mine.

"she's just a woman who stayed by me when my parents died and i treated her as my mother's replacement. give up, haeun and just accept the truth. i'm not making this up and i'm not mistaken. don't try to find a way out."

if i'd think about it, jisung never said anything about his life with mom after they left. all i knew is that he was adopted, but i didn't know when. he never spoke about mom, but i assumed it was just because it was painful to speak about it, but turns out it was more devastating than i thought. 

 i clenched my fists before finding the ability to move and walk up to the man who never stopped laughing. that was until i grabbed his collar and pushed him back to the wall with the strength my anger built up. he couldn't fight back because the alcohol made him too weak. the longer i had him in the position, the paler he got and the more he coughed, i was choking him. 

"now tell me, nakamoto yuta, what is your fucking plan? no, screw that because whatever it is, i'll be the one to kill him and that's final."