12

"what are you doing here?" i asked the boy in front of me. he was grinning with, probably, the thought of me, getting caught off guard.

"well, it's my turn today and i want to do good from the start so that i could win," he said as he took my arm and dragged me away from the front door.

we walked in the street, silently. there were obvious efforts for conversation, but i didn't like to talk, to him mainly. i gave simple and direct answers to avoid every conversation. it got pretty harsh, but i liked the fact that his efforts were going down of being good from the start so that he could win.

"we're here, but-" he went in front of me and looked like he was blocking the way-"party person?"

"no. not in a million years. so if you're going to bring me to one, considering this turn of yours a fail. i'm not setting foot on one." i raised my eyebrow as he scratched the back of his head. i guess i was right.

"fine. come with me." he dragged me inside this big compound. music was bursting from inside, but we didn't go there, we went to the back.

"good morning sir," a guard greeted and opened the big two front doors. "we're not going in, close that"

he seemed like a person with great authority in here. maybe this was his? it wasn't impossible because the school knew that taeyong was 'perfect' with the face, the grades, position, family, influence, and the list could go on, but he sucks at one thing, attitude. he's a jerk, definitely a jerk.

"i'm giving my all for this turn, so i wish you like it," he mumbled which i almost didn't catch. why was he even trying too hard? what prize would he get from his friends 'cause i know he did this with them as well. guys, i bet that i could make her fall for me, yeah, probably like that.

"like it?" he asked once we entered the big steel gates going to the back. it was a big backyard garden. it was full of different flowers and it was a big space, probably good for a party.

"this was it?" i looked in disbelief as it was amazing, it was an explosion of colors from the different flowers. there was also a big tree in the middle with a swing in the middle. "i like it."

i sat in the swing and it felt amazing. the fact that when you look up, you could see the different colors plus some designs that made it much more appealing. it's amazing, i must say because it's something i have never seen before.

"you want a swing? you get a swing," father shouted as he angrily walked where jisung was sitting on the swing. he had an urgent meeting and jisung refused to go. "have this!"

i knew father hated him, but never this much. he pushed him so hard that jisung literally flew to the ground. he harshly fell and i wanted to aid him, but i couldn't, i was frozen. there was blood, there was blood everywhere and i saw mom running to him and she looked at me.

"haeun!"

"haeun!" i heard as i looked up. "you okay? you spaced out a bit, i guess"

"i need to go, sorry." and i ran home as fast as i can, seemingly running away from that painful memory.