4

"noona, where were you during the free period?" jisung and i shared a free period and i would always go with him to garden at that time. his free period was the benefit of having to be in his year's first class.

"surprisingly, detention. late. teacher was mad. sent me to detention so that i could study for tomorrow's exam at home." i said, a little drowsy as i just slept through the whole thing.

"i would've pitied you but that was a funny and weird punishment" he said while scratching his head.

"goodbye haeun!" mark, one of taeyong's friends, shouted before they left the campus laughing and playing around.

"noona, what was that? did you talk to taeyong?" jisung asked. we sort of have had this areement of no talking to him which was made by jisung and his unrealistic hate for his hyung. 

i couldn't answer. it was hard to answer as we both rarely break promises. i just walked ahead but he soon caught up. we were silent while walking home. it was the silent that wasn't peaceful, relaxing, or anything that meant good. it was the silence that meant everything was bad. knowing jisung, he would talk to me normally tomorrow as if nothing happened but i still couldn't help getting this guilty.

we walked and soon we reached his house. we exchanged goodbye waves and i turned back to go to my own home. it was getting dark and i usually wasn't going home this late but because of that silence with jisung, i guess we walked slower than we normally did. the talks we have usually make time seem so fast, but without it, it seemed so slow.

i took the same routes as i usually do, but i know see how dark they are at night. it's scary, especially the alleys that looks bright at day but scary at night. i walked through them and i was near my home but suddenly,

"what do we have here?"