Chapter 60: Final Fight

~Jamie~

I ran out of the house, practically stepping out of their lives if I could.

I ran to Cher's car and hop inside the passenger seat, Cher starts to drive.

I sigh, leaning against the door as a heavy silence overun us.

"I don't even know why I'm driving to that school," Cher mutters beside me and I look at her direction.

"You know why," I say to her.

"But still," She says, her voice hardening. "I shouldn't be taking you there, why not run away? Why not go to another fucking country? Why not run? Why fight?!" She says and I heard her punch the steering wheel.

I sighed. "Because I've been running for most of my life, so I'm gonna stand my ground and fight. It's now or never Cher,"

A tense silence filled us before she whispers softly. "Promise me something?"

"Yeah, what?"

"Promise me you'll get out of there alive, and I mean you walk out of there with your head still intact, not on the brink of death. Promise me you'll get out alive?"

"I'll promise you if you promise me something in return?"

"Which is?"

"Promise me that if I end up getting killed that you'll watch over Demi for me?"

"You won't die in there, I won't allow it either."

"But still, promise me?"

"Okay fine I promise."

"Then I promise too."

The car stops and I knew we got to my elementary school, the place that changed my life completely.

We didn't move from our seats and took in deep breathes.

"Cher?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't let Demi go in that classroom, she'll be coming for me."

"I'll try."

"And don't interfere, I need to do this alone."

"But I wanna help you,"

"Cher, this is my fight only."

"But-"

"No, Cher."

"I don't think I'll keep my word."

"Just don't go in."

"Okay but no promises if I do."

"Hey Cher?"

"Yeah Jamie?"

"Thanks for everything you done for me, your a great friend and I'm glad we bumped into each other years ago."

"I was yelling at you that you weren't looking where you were going."

"I'm blind, you idiot."

We laugh quietly before taking our guns out, checking them and checked that we had our weapons on our persona.

"I love you Cher,"

"I love you too Jay-bird."

I open the car door and got out, we walk to the entrance. Before I could open the door, arms quickly wrap around me.

Cher took in a shaky breath as she grip onto me, I wrap my arms around her just as tightly.

I smile softly as we let go then we walk inside.