Chapter 5: Shopping

Jamie

I groan and roll over to the right. Bad move. I grunt as I landed on my back and rub my head, squeezing my eyes shut of the fall. I hear some mumbling then a body falls on top of me. I snap open my eyes and groan again. It was Demi who fell on top of me but yet is still asleep. One thing is for sure, don't sleep on a couch or sleep with someone on a couch then you roll off, land on the floor then the person you were sleeping with is on top of you and doesn't move.

"Ugh, Demi get off of me." I say and struggle to get Demi off. All she does is just cuddle into me more. Fine then, have it your way, I thought to myself. My hands move up to her sides and I started to tickle her. I hear her bursting into laughter and shots up. I sit up and try to stand up but was too slow to do anything because Demi already has me pinned down and tickling me. I laugh and start to squirm away but she was having none of it. She straddles me and continue to tickle my sides, stomach, armpites and my neck. I was laughing so hard that no noise is coming out of my mouth. She stops and gets off of me, laughing with me and lays beside me. Trying to calm our breathing, Demi says.

"Morning Jamie."

"Morning Demi." I say and lay there.

"Why did you started to tickle me?" She asks.

"One because you were on top of me. Two because you wouldn't wake up and three it seem like my only option." I grin at her. I stood up and stretch.

"I'm gonna go get ready." I say and felt for the wall that will guide me to the stairs.

"Okay! Just be careful and if you need anything just yell!" She calls after me and I start to walk up the stairs carefully, not wanting to trip or miss a step. Getting to the second floor, I walk to my room which was on the right, second door. I walk in and felt for my bag that I threw on the bed. I got some clean clothes and walk into the bathrom. I took a shower, brush my teeth and got dressed by feeling the fabric and which way it goes on. I left the bathroom and put some shoes on and walk back downstairs. In the kitchen I hear Demi rumbling around and I sit on the chair next to the kitchen counter. Soon enough I smell something burning and it smells like eggs.

I chuckle at her and say. "Want me to do it?"

"Can you?" She asks. And I walk towards her voice and stands next her.

"Yup, now move aside. Let me do my magic." I feel her step away but doesn't move any further.

"Are you sure you can do it?" I hear a tint of worry in her voice.

"Being blind doesn't mean I can't cook. Now sit down and watch me do this." I hear shuffling then she sits down. I started to pull out the ingredients for pancakes from the fridge by using my other senses and started to mix them together. I pull out a frying pan and set it on the stove and turn it on just about right. I pour in the mix and let it there to warm up while I get the rest I need. Going back to the fridge, I start to feel for the whipcream, maple sryup and some fruits. I felt a cold metal bottle thing and brought it up to my lips. I shook it and spray it into my mouth.

"Yup, whipcream." I mumble to myself and I grab the rest of the food I need and taste them to make sure its them. Back to the stove I set the food on the counter next to me. I flip the pancakes because I aleady knew they were ready because of the smell. Once they were done, I turn off the stove and search the cabinets for plates, I found them and set them on the kitchen counter where I know Demi is sitting at. I put some pancakes for me and Demi and spread maple sryup, whipcream and some fruit on them and passed it to Demi and sat across from her.

"Enjoy." I smirk at her and started to eat my food. It came out good like the rest I've cook before. I hear Demi moan in content and my smirk grew bigger.