Chapter 27: Videos And Diamonds

~Jamie~

"Okay, let's get this straight," I said as I pace in front of them.

It ws the day after the eyeball incident, I somewhat came back to myself and so have Demi. The police have came earlier and I convice Demi to say something else instead of telling them what happen. I took the recorder with me before Demi ran out of the bathroom with me. In front of me was Cher and Demi. Marissa was out working. I had Cher here because she is one of the two people that know about the shooting and she has help me a lot. Demi because well, she's my mom and she deserve to know what's happening.

I press play on the recorder once more and the words that is wrap around my mind are,

'You have something I need and I need to destroy it. You have my money also and a weapon too.'

And I also had the note from the explosion too.

"The bracelet!" Me and Cher both yelled out. I turn to her, wide eye and took my bracelet off, the one that Jasmine gave me. I started to fiddle around with it, trying to open the metal feather and it did. I gasp and took what was inside out. Why have I not found this sooner?!

"What is it?" I ask, it was small and retangular.

"A flashdrive." They both breathe out. I heard them all stood up and rush over to me, I gave it to Demi and she took it from me. We follow after her and she plugs it into her laptop. Me and Cher stood over her and I felt Cher squeeze my shoulder.

"It's a video." Demi says.

"Play it." I said and we listen to the video.

'Hey Jamie, it's your mom."

We all gasp in shock and I mutter, "Mami," She kepts going.

"I know, I look horrible don't I? Well this is what I get for doing something illegal and without permission.' She says and I heard some shuffling.

"Well as you see, I'm in my lab. This is Alma Santiago, scientist from LA, the date is May 3, 2007, my twins birthday, hour is 2:34 pm, almost time that my twins come home from their birthday class party, but I know that there's a shooting there and they are involve, reporting from her lab to say goodbye and give important informtion to my daughter..."

"I've been testing my patient with this pill. As you see it may look like any kind of regular pill but no, not one bit. I called it the 'Abli', this pill I have made was try to make the human body, physicaly and mentally healthier. That's what I thought. I try it on one and the only patient I had with it, he insisted but I didn't want to give it to him. But after a lot of conving, I finally gave it to him."

"The effects that I thought were in that were to make the human body sleep peacefully, headaches to give less pain then usual, less pain in the stomach region, and to make the brain ease and relax. The physical pains to lessen and gives the body to relax more." I heard her choke on a sob and she sniffles.

"Instead of doing exactly that, it does the complete opposite. A liquid name the 'Turlax' was accidently spill into the chemical substance. The effects that the pill give are these:

'Amnesia, they don't remember 20 years before.'

'Crazy, they lose themself bit by bit.'

'Alcohol, they seem to only drink that.'

'Talking to themself as like no one is in the room.'

'And lastly, a urge for blood being shed.'

"I tested my patient day by day, and it seems after two months, they lose it completely.

They are a different person.

They are killers.

They become a psychopath.

They want blood.

A whole other person.

They aren't the same after two months, they kill because they like the blood.

The pill is behind everything."

I heard her stand up and walks around the room, collecting stuff while saying,

"Jamie, I need you to listen closely, ok cariño?"

"Mommy's leaving, to somewhere, I don't know, after this happens the goverment will be looking for me and I need to run.

My patient seems to like diamonds for a reason that I don't know, he came to me with a bag containing maybe 20 in them. I took it away from him because it seems to put him in a trace, the diamonds are in your stuff penguin that I am showing you now. You need to get rid of them or something, just don't keep them with you.

He came to me one day saying that you, Jamie, have blood for something he wants. A weapon, I think I heard him say. As you see in the corner of this screen is a picture of him but his face is blury. I couldn't take the blury off of his face for some reason that you could see what he looks like.

I can't say his name. Your smart and I hope you'll use this imformation that will be useful for you in the future.

I know your wondering why I'm only talking to you Jamie, it's because I know that he wouldn't kill you, hurt you yes, but not kill. He needs you. I know that Jasmine is maybe dead now and your classmates but I think he did it because of the urge for blood being shed.

I told Jasmine everything I'm telling you now, you both are really smart and I know that for a 7 year old is a lot to take in but I was hoping that she would tell you after the party-"

"Oh Alma!" She was cut off by a squeaky, male voice with laughter in his voice.

"Shit, he's here. I have to go before he comes and kills me also-"

"I killed your precious Jasmine!" He says and laughs evily.

I heard her let out a sob and some shuffling.

"Your strong, beautiful and smart. Give him hell. Te amo cariño, cuidate."

"I'm sorry..."

And the video ends with something breaking in, crashing and then nothing.

No one dare to talk.

Tears were already streaming down my face as I took everything in. I back away from them and the laptop, bumping into a table. Feeling all the anger building up inside of me, I flip the table around and it crashes. I ran up to my room to get my stuff penguin, grab it and ran back down to them. I set my penguin on the table, took my dagger out and stab it in my penguin, cutting it open.

I wanted to see if there really are diamonds.

I took out the cotten and felt for inside. A bag. I pull it out, open it and felt for inside.

She wasn't lying.

There are diamonds.

"Diamonds," I choke out and set it down. I sink down to the ground and I lean against the wall. I pulled my legs to me and wrap my arms around them. I felt them sink down next to me and one of them wrap their arms around me. I sob into them, heartbreaking sobs. No wonder mom was so busy and wasn't home often. She was so busy too.

I hope she got out safely.

Over the years, I also haven't heard of her or anything. Not a phone call, letter or anything. I guess that would track her.

I cried because of that man, the killer.

I cried because that day I lost everthing I hold dearest.

All because of that pill.

I collected myself and push away from them. I stood up, grab my dagger, took my cane and walk to the front door.

"I'm taking a walk, come if you want." I said and went out the door. I heard someone catching up with me and they clasp their hand with mine.

"I'll kill him if its the last thing I do." I growl, and they tighten their grip on me.

"And I'll help." Cher said.

"Thanks Cher." I said and give her a small smile.

"For what Jay-bird?" She asks me.

"For being there with me,"

"Sure, plus I have to repay him a visit also." She says and I could hear her grinning.

It's true, the killer even tried to kill Cher in her sleep because he knew we were close.

"Come with us to Texas Cher," I say and stop walking, looking at her direction.

"But aren't you guys just gonna have family time?" She asks me.

"They don't have to know, go on a different plane, disguise yourself and just watch us from far away." I said, pleading.

"But why?"

"I don't think we are going to be safe in Texas, I feel more assure of what's going on when your around and you can see the things I can't." I tell her.

"Okay, I'll go. Here, put this in your ear at all times. I'll contact you if anything happens. Press the button if you want to talk to me." She hands me an ear piece and I put in my ear. I grin at her and she walks off.

"Bring some gear!" I yelled out to her.

"It's always on me!" She yells and I heard her footsteps fading.

I walk back to Marissa's house and look around for Demi. I found her asleep on the couch. I got in next to her and snuggle up to her, almost immediately her arms were wrap around me.

But really, I will kill him if its the last thing I do.