Chapter 23: The Date

~Jamie~

"Right over here."

Tyler guide me into the hospital room of his grandmother where she was staying at. The only thing that what bother me is that, this was the same hospital they kept me and my other 24 dead classmates.

I always hated it here.

Same place where they told me I was blind, my parents abandoning me, where my 24 classmates were kept in here, same place where I was blame for.

I never like it here. It brought to much memories that I want to forget. Too much pain.

"Is this her, tiny?" I heard a soft voice call out. I smile instantly at her as I grip softly on Tyler's hand and he guides me to her side. He sets me down beside her on a chair and she grabs my hand.

"Are you the child that has my grandson wrap around his finger?" I covered up my laugh as a cough and look at Tyler's direction.

"Oh boy, no need to blush. Now, is this the girl that you have been talking about?" She says to him and I give him a teasing smile.

"Yes grandma, this is the girl that I've been talking about. This is Jamie, Jamie this is my grandmother, Flora." He introduce us to each other and I smile widely at her direction.

"It's nice to meet you Flora." I say sincerely.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, child." She says with a soft, calm voice.

"My grandson has told me a lot of about you, he also told me that you, my child, are blind." I smile a bit at her and said,

"Yes ma'am, I am in fact blind so I can't exactly see you."

"Well child, I've always wanted to meet you since Tyler came home talking about you. He also told me that you sometimes say words like Shakespeare. Is that true?" She asks me.

I blush but nodded at her, "Yeah, sometimes I do."

"Well, can you say something along those?" She asks me and I started to think of what to say.

"I once hated hospitals for the time being and I always have but now, here, sitting next to a women who had lived a life full of excitement and happiness is that she has enjoyed life to fullest. I always hated the hospitals because they made me feel like I was crazy, useless because everyone had to help me. And I thought that hospitals bring heartbreaks, sadness, tragedies and anger because something has happen to their love ones. But I forgot that hospitals also bring life, happiness, love but I always was blind in seeing that truly but now, as I sit here, I see happiness that I never saw when I was stuck here." I say trutly and sincerely. It was true, now that I'm here, even if I'm blind, I could see it clearly. She grips my hand tighter to hers and lets out a sob.

I immediatly stood up and walk close to her side. "Flora?! I'm sorry if I made you cry!" I say worrily with Tyler by my side.

"Don't worry child, these are happy tears. You say those words so naturaly and full of inspiration that it brought me to tears." She says and I smile.

"Now I have one question for the both of you." She says and I nodded.

"Shoot." Me and Tyler said in unison.

"When is the wedding?" We laugh and smile at her.

~A couple more hours later~

~Demi~

"Demi stop freaking out, you look great for your date." Jamie says to me from behind me. I was already dressed up for my date with Alec and all I'm doing is freaking out.

"Yeah what she said, you look beautiful and just have to wait till he gets here." Marissa says from her side of the bed with Jamie beside her, laying on her back.

"Yeah about that, he's not picking you up." Jamie says and a smile plays on her face.

Me and Marissa look at her in shock, dumbfounded. "What?!" We both shriek at her. Her smile grows and she flip around so she was laying on her stomach and looks to my direction with an amused look on her face.

"He is making you go on a scavenger hunt and I'm the first clue." And she grins widely at me.

"Like going around for clues in LA?" I say and walk toward her and sit down next to her.

"Yup, you'll have to read some and others you'll have to figure it out on your own to get to the place where Alec wants you to go and he'll be waiting there for you. Okay, here's the first clue,"

"Go to the place we spent together for the first time in public and there you'll find the second clue."

"The first clue that I gave you is easy and from there on you'll keep going." Jamie says, smiles at me and winks at me.

I think of the first clue she gave me over my head a few times and then I know.

I jump up from my seat and exclaim happily, "The beach! I have to go to the beach!"

Jamie smiles at me and nods. I got my keys and purse, kiss Jamie on the cheek and hug Marissa and ran out the room with them yelling out,

"Have fun!"

I grin widely and jump into my car and started off to the beach.

I'm liking on how this date is going.

Different than the guy taking the girl out to a movie and dinner.

I like it.

I got there and park at the parking lot. I got out and step toward the beach, confused on what to do next.

Now what?

So I started of with where me and Jamie's spot was the last time we were here. I walk to it and look around. I then found a small note on a rock so I pick it up and it read,

"Go where you walk on stars,"

Walk on stars? Where the hell do you walk on stars? I don't know a place where you- Oh!

Oh I know now!

Broadway!

I quickly put the note in my purse and hurry to my car. I jump in and drive there.

I soon got there and park near by. I walk down the side walk and look at all the golden stars with famous artists names etch on them. I look around for any kind of clue or something but all I saw was people walking up and down and seem to not notice me. I then saw a card with an arrow pointing forward and I guess hat was for me so I follow the arrow.

The arrows lead me to a bakery and I walk in, looking for any clues.

"Excuse me miss?"

I turn around to find a young guy, holding out to me with a cupcake in his hand with a note on top of the frosting.

"For me?" I ask him.

"Yeah, your Demi Lovato right?" I nod at him and smile.

"Then this is for you. I hope your date goes well." He smiles at me, hands me the cupcake and leaves me standing there. I took a bite out of the cupcake as I read the note.

"Find a mime, he'll tell you where to go,"

Last time I check, mimes don't talk.

So I ate the last of my cupcake and walk around the bakery, looking for a mime who was near by. I walk up to him and he seem to recognize me so he started making signs with his hands. I stood there, staring at him blankly, trying to figure out what he was trying to tell me.

An hour went by and I still don't get it. He suddenly give up and groan in frustration and hung his head.

"Go to where music comes alive." He says grumpily and I smile really big at him. He just talk!

"Oh my gosh! You just talk! This is so cool! I thought I wouldn't hear a mime talk! Thank you!" I say happily to him and he hands me a balloon. I waved at him and walk around the streets with my balloon.

Where music comes alive is in a studio. So I look around for a studio close by and found one. I walk in and was shock at what I saw.

The whole room was covered in sticky notes writing out the words,

"Where dreams come true."

It was written everywhere in cursive writing so I took a quick picture of it and walk out.

Hollywood.

Hollywood is where dreams come true.

Does he want me to drive all around Hollywood?

I can't drive all Hollywood, that would take the whole night.

Hmm, I'll just drive up to the Hollywood sign and see if anything is there.

I got in my car and drove to Hollywood. Once I got there, I drove up to the Hollywood sign and park near the sign. I left my purse and keys there and walk up the small track to the sign so as I past the 'O' I came face to face with the city below.

It look beautiful at this time with the sun setting and the sign behind me. I took a quick picture and turn around only to find Alec standing there with a wide smile on his face. I gasp, surprise and took a step back. He chuckles and holds out his hand for me to take. And I did, while doing that I took in his appearance.

He was wearing a button up white long sleeve shirt with dark jeans and nice black dress up shoes. He look handsome with his glasses on and his bright blue eyes.

He look hot.

I was wearing a white dress that stop mid way to my thighs and a red dark cardigan with white flats.

"I guess you found out all the clues. May I ask why it took an hour late to get here?" He asks me with his hot British voice.

"The mime. I couldn't figure out what he was doing." I say and felt a blush creeping up on my cheeks. He laughs and walks me to a table with two chairs, a white cloth per it, candles, and food on it. He push back one of the chairs and gesture for me to sit down, I did and he push me in. He sits across from me and gives me a cute dimple smile.

I'm liking on how this is going.

"Did you had fun on the scavenger hunt?" He asks me.

"Yeah I did, it was fun looking around for clues." I say and look at him lovely.

"I'm glad, I had a bit of help with the clues and the place but I'm glad that you had fun going around." He says and I smile at him.

I've already fallen for him since I met him.

"I've made our dinner and I hope you love it." I grin at him and took a bite out of our dinner.

We ate our dinner while talking to one of the other, telling each other stories and jokes. We soon finish our dinner and he stands up and we both clean up. After that, he grabs my hand and tugs me gently away from the table. He then stops, takes out his IPhone and plugs it in to his stereo that I didn't notice before, leaves it there and guides me a little way from it.

He stops in front of me, lets go of my hand and turns to me with a small smile on his face.

"May I have this dance?" He asks me and blows playfully with his hand stretch out to me. I grin and blow also and took his hand in mine. We both smile at each other as the song starts,

'You know I'd fall apart without you

I don't know how you do what you do

'.Cause everything that don't make sense about me

Makes sense when I'm with you'

We sway together with the music and I lean my head on his shoulder as my arms wrap around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist and gives me a soft kiss on the forehead.

'Like everything that's green, girl,

I need you

But it's more than one and one makes two

Put aside the math and the logic of it

You gotta know you're wanted too'

I let a small smile play on my lips as I look up at his eyes. He stare back at me with wonder, curiously and lovingly. I felt the same with him. I stood on my toes and give him a quick peck on the cheek and return back to my head leaning on his shoulder.

'Cause I wanna wrap you up

Wanna kiss your lips

I wanna make you feel wanted

And I wanna call you mine

Wanna hold your hand forever

And never let you forget it

Yeah, I, I wanna make you feel wanted'

We continue to dance along to the song and dance to a couple of more. After a while of dancing, we stop and he laces his fingers with mine.

"I wanna show you something before we leave tonight." He says and I look at him confuse but let him walk me to my car.

"Where's your car?" I ask him curious as I slip in the passenger seat while Alec hold my door. After I did, he close the door and runs over to the driver seat and starts the car.

"I left it back home and catch a ride up here. I knew you were gonna take your car here." He says and I nod. I look ahead of me while he says,

"Close your eyes."

I turn to him with an eyebrow raise. "Why?" I ask him.

"It's a surprise, now close them and no peaking." He says and gives me a pointed glare. I suck my tongue out at him playfully but did as I was told. I cover my eyes with both hands as the car came to a stop.

"No peaking." I hear him says seriously and I give him a cheekily grin.

"I'm not." I giggle softly to myself. I heard him chuckle and his door opening then closing. My door soon opens and I felt him grab my arm softly and helps me out of the car.

"Okay, watch your step. Okay now hold on to me, we're almost there." He says and I hold onto his arm. He then suddenly lets go of me so I called out,

"Alec?"

"Okay, now open your eyes."

I did and I was surprise at what I saw in front of me.

In front of me was a pond with flowers with candles in them spelling the words out,

"Will U Be My Girlfriend?"

I gasp in shock and cover my mouth with my hand as tears came into my eyes. There were even white Christmas lights scattered around with flowers surrounding the bushes and trees.

I turn around quickly only to find Alec, down on one knee with a red velvet tiny box in his hand. I gasp again and took a step back, shock and surprise at what's in front of me.

"Your not proposing are you?" I ask him, still surprise and wide eyed.

So many emotions flow through me as I watch him.

He chuckles but shakes his head, "Sadly, no, I'm not," And he give me a smile. "I'm only proposing that you, Demi Lovato, would do me the honor in being my girlfriend." He says and I stare at him in shock so he continues,

"I fell in love with you since the first day we've met and ever since then, I wanted to be by your side more then everything and be there for both you and Jamie. And I know that we've only been talking for a month but I really do like you. The lyrics to that song describe what I feel about you and think about you. I want to make you mine and only mine,"

"So will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes."

He smiles, showing off his teeth and dimples and stands up, pulls me into a hug and I wrap my arms around him.

We let go of each other and he opens the box, showing off a golden, silver ring. He flip it over and it reads,

"17/1/2014."

I look up at him and smile. "The day we met, wasn't it?" I say to him.

"Yes, the day I found you and Jamie, in that alley." He says to me and nods. He slips the ring on my finger and he laces our hands together.

"I'll take you home now." He says and I nod. We walk to my car and he drives me home.

"What about you? How are you getting home?" I ask him once he park outside of Marissa's house.

"I live close, I'll just walk home." He says and turns to me.

"You sure? I could drop you off." I say and turn to him.

"No, it's fine love. I will catch a ride home." He says and smiles at me.

"At least let me call you a cab?" I ask him, wanting him to get home safely.

He sighs but nods anyways. I smile at him and quickly call a cab. They would be here in a few minutes. I put my phone back in my purse and turn back to him.

"It'll be here any minute now." I say.

"Okay, I'll wait for it." We both got out of the car and he hands me the keys. I smile at him and give him a quick peck on the cheek.

"I had fun tonight." I say and took a step back.

"Me too, I'm glad that you do." He says, took a step toward me and kiss my cheek. He step away and smile. I gave him a smile of my own and wave at him which he return one. I walk to the front door with a cheesy smile on my face. I open the door and before I walk in, I turn around and look at him. He waved at me and I smile, I walk in and close the door behind me.

"Honey, I'm home!" I yelled out happy. I heard footsteps running to me and soon Jamie stood in front of me with a teasing smile on her face.

"So, how did it go?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AAAAAWWWWWWWWW!!!! That was freaking adorable!!

I can sure plan a heck of a date xD

Haha, but really that was adorable! :D

The song earlier is Wanted by Hunter Hayes if you guys want to know. :D

One thing is for sure, this book is gonna be loonnggg. :D