Chapter 8: Meteor Showers

~Jamie~

I woke up a few hours later from the flashbacks, panting and sweating because of them. I sat up slowly from Demi's bed, not wanting to wake her and peeled her arms off of me. My bare feet touch the cold, wooden floor while I look blindly for my cane. My fingers touch the cool metal cane and I walk out of the room as quietly as I could. I close the door softly and stop in the hallway.

"Louise, girl come here." I whisper, hoping she could hear me from where ever she's at.

I soon heard her soft footsteps coming towards me. She nudge me softly, telling me that she is here. I grab her collar and she guides me to my room. Inside I set my cane down and grab a pillow and a blanket. I let Louise guide me to the attic and help me up the stairs to the roof and leaving the hatch open just a bit so when we're done we could go back inside and not lock ourselves up here. I let Louise guide me on the roof and she stops in front of me to let me know that its dangerous. I guess we're close to the edge. I stop and set the pillow and blanket down and curled up in the blanket with Louise snuggled up next to me.

I wonder if its a clear night out with the moon shining bright with all its glory and the stars twinkling in the night sky.

I breathe out a sigh as memories flooded my mind.

"No! Don't hurt her!" I scream at him.

"Too late girly." He says evily.

I watch in horror as her once cheerful eyes go lifeless.

"Sissy!"

I whip away the tears furiously that are wanting to fall freely. To me I see crying as weakness. Ever since that day, I didn't want to let myself cry because I wanted to show them that even though I'm blind, I could show them I've been strong since that day.

I lay my head on Louise and felt the nice cool breeze of the night.

"What's your story girl?" I whisper softly to Louise. Thinking that she wouldn't understand me, she started to bark softly at me. I giggle at her and say,

"If only I knew what you were saying. That will be cool."

I started to listen closely to the noises around me. Cars honking, babies crying and maybe even owls hooing? Yep, that rhythm.

I fell asleep a bit after, hearing the sounds of LA that has to give.

"JAMIE!? WHERE ARE YOU!?" To that, was what I woken up to. I just took a small nap was all. I hear footsteps pounding on the floor below me. Then rushing footsteps come up the stairs from which I got up here from.

I hear the hatch open up and rapid footsteps coming at me. I sat up and snap my head towards it. I was tackle to the foor by the one and only Demi.

"Oof." I grunt while she crushes me into a death grip.

"Oh my God! You scare me! I thought that you left or something! Oh my gosh, I thought I lost you! Don't scare me like that again!" She says and gives me another death grip hug. I felt something, liquid perhaps? Fall on my forehead and down the side of my cheek. Is it raining? I didn't hear any thundering. But, what if she's crying?

"Demi, are you crying?" I whisper.

"Oh, yeah. I'm sorry its just that you gave me a scare. I woke up to use the bathroom and then I notice that you weren't there and I just freaked. I ran around the house screaming your name and I thought you left or something and I found the hatch open and saw that you were up here. What are you doing up here anyways?" She says and sniffle.

"Um, well uh. Never thought of this." I clear my throat awkwardly and scoot away from her.

"What's wrong baby?" And I feel her move closer to me.